Normal Topic Battery Chargers (Read 1957 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

Battery Chargers
02/04/06 at 22:52:35
Quote Print Post  
All,
Ok, I am planning a purchase of a battery charger.  I have a three batteries.  Two trolling, deep cycle batteries and a single cranking battery.  Previously, the boat came with a two bank charger for the trolling batteries and had a small single low amp charger for the cranking battery.  I would like to go to a single, three-bank charger.  Will this work in this application?  Or, since the cranking charger was really just a trickle charger for the off-season, should I stick with a two bank charger.  Advice?

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: Battery Chargers
Reply #1 - 02/04/06 at 23:16:21
Quote Print Post  
Get a 3-bank.  Less hassel and it works great.  I have a 4-bank on my boat and wouldn't have it any other way.

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/05/06 at 04:25:59
Quote Print Post  
I have a Dual Pro 3 bank charger in mine and it works fine and dandy.  Those of us that use our electronics, livewells and possibly radios need on a regular basis to top off the cranking battery and with todays type of chargers, they shut off once the charge is completed. (Per. battery) Hope this helps, Brian (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/05/06 at 17:21:11
Quote Print Post  
I have bought 2 three banks chargers from Bass Pro Shops for my old boat and mine now (same one both times). They aer the Pro Mariner Pro Sport 20 Plus models. They are priced at 169.99. They are 20 amp chargers and put more charge into the weaker batteries until they are all even, then bring them all up together. I have never had a single problem with either of them. Or you can spend about twice as much for other 3 bank chargers....  

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/06/06 at 01:22:13
Quote Print Post  
My Pro Mariner charger has worked great so far.  I'd recommend them.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #5 - 02/06/06 at 03:23:24
Quote Print Post  
What up gotfive,
  I put a 3 bank from Bass Pro in the Ole' Ranger.  Super easy to install and pre-wired (can't screw it up).  Nice to have one plug to charge all 3 batteries!  $170.00

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo