Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Potholes Open Tourney (Read 27551 times)
Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Potholes Open Tourney
Reply #90 - 04/18/06 at 21:11:04
Quote Print Post  
Well if Kirk got on some largemouth then congrats because I couldn't touch one in 2 days. hopefully the weather will change that.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #91 - 04/19/06 at 03:59:21
Quote Print Post  
Ron H. knows about tree fishing.  Learned it from Raul.  Chris, you  need to bring a couple of rods less than twelve.  You got me very worried.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #92 - 04/19/06 at 04:12:44
Quote Print Post  
Wow almost two thousand views on this topic. Man all I can say is people are getting excited. I hope this tournament turns out like the 93 Open i fished. Weather was perfect mid to upper 60's, stuck 14lbs 1st day and over 18lbs the 2nd day for third place. It was won with 44lbs of smallies-imagine bringing in a bag of 24lbs of smallies on day one.

Site fishing was the key for us and 2nd place, which we missed by 2 ozs. Looking forward to it no matter what happens.

Can you say major party at Warden Campground.
Russ

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #93 - 04/19/06 at 15:44:05
Quote Print Post  
Oh, the leaves. Crap I am in trouble. I broke three rod tips last night just practicing my pitching in the living room.

Kirk, I hope you don't mind if I just overhand cast into the trees. I like to use a 1 oz. weight so it really busts through and makes a good "SPLLLL-OOooo-SHHHH". Turns those spooky fish on.

I will try to narrow down to 10 rods tonight.

Chris

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #94 - 04/19/06 at 22:30:44
Quote Print Post  
I looked at this twice........ I couldn't stand it and I had to get it past that "2000 views" mark.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #95 - 04/20/06 at 13:45:40
Quote Print Post  
Chris,
  No need to worry on the "pitchin' in the tree.  That how Kirk does it, even after practicing.  You know all the cussin' you hear on the other side of that dune?  Well, that's usually Kirk cussin' because he's got a 3 lber hanging in a tree 40 ft. back in the "stuff" and we have no way to get to it.  Actually happened a couple of years ago when we took 4th.  We had a 4 lber hnaging in a tree and couldn't get to it!  That extra 1.5 pounds would have won it for us.  You should have heard the cussin" then.  "COMBAT FISHIN" 101, can you do it wrong?  Good luck guys!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #96 - 04/20/06 at 21:38:58
Quote Print Post  
That same senario happend to me a few years ago at the open. Russell Baker was my partner and I could not have been happier to have someone so tall for a partner. Russell laid on the bow of the boat with a net that had a four foot handle. I sat on his legs to keep him from falling out of the boat. Between him stretched out completly and the six foot reach of that net he was able to put the net under the fish and I clicked to free-spool and the fish fell in the net. That fish was at least 9 feet away from the boat. Another foot in there and we would have been helpless as the boat was nosed ito the brush as far as we could get it in there without a chain saw. Maybe we can do that a few times this year as we are partners once again. Good times !

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #97 - 04/20/06 at 22:34:52
Quote Print Post  
Hey Russ are you counting down the hours before you get the poker schoolin'? About the story: Now wonder Russ has a bad back.  Good Times is right! See you guy's there just about ready to take off!

Carlos

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #98 - 04/20/06 at 23:08:14
Quote Print Post  
Hey carlos are you callin me fat? Don't worry Russell whatever you lose at the poker table I will win back at fooseball..........

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #99 - 04/24/06 at 00:55:42
Quote Print Post  
Anybody heard how the intrepid travelers did?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo