Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Potholes Open Tourney (Read 27552 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Potholes Open Tourney
02/01/06 at 19:50:29
Quote Print Post  
Hey Guys who fish this event,

The Open this year is on the weekend of the 22nd & 23rd of April, practice day is the 21st. If you need the number to contact the ones who run this event e-mail me and I will give it to you.
Russ

IP Logged

WCCT
Ex Member

Re: Potholes Open Tourney
Reply #1 - 02/02/06 at 00:30:10
Quote Print Post  
Easter weekend of all times Angry

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/02/06 at 03:45:08
Quote Print Post  
By my calendar, it misses Easter by a week, besides, Jesus was a fisherman, too!  It's all good.  I am ready to go!!!!!

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/02/06 at 05:02:31
Quote Print Post  
Kirk,

Your right he must have looked at last years calendar. And yes Jesus was a fisherman. A very good one at that. Its all good with me as well.
Can't wait for another great event.
Can you say cards at the Baker Cabin!!!
Russ

IP Logged

WCCT
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/02/06 at 05:43:10
Quote Print Post  
I hope I am wrong about Easter Smiley  Thanks guys.

IP Logged

hawghunter_2017
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 02/02/06 at 15:32:15
Quote Print Post  
Easter is on April 16th, so it is the weekend after..

TED

Ted

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/03/06 at 04:28:33
Quote Print Post  
Our family is planning a large egg hunt and Easter celebration oon the big dune.  We will lift our hearts in prayer and then go do what the Good Lord intended me to do.  Rip lips.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/04/06 at 17:59:53
Quote Print Post  
I am looking forward to it even though Mark and I aren't guaranteed to be in at the moment. If it doesn't work, I've talked to other guys that may need a partner so I hope I get the chance. I put too much time on that body last year to not give it a shot.

I love the attitude Kirk! Celebrate the way the lord would want you too....that was great!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #8 - 02/21/06 at 20:09:37
Quote Print Post  
For more info, contact Gary and Opal Lamar 509-765-3669

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 02/24/06 at 00:51:34
Quote Print Post  
Invites going out this saturday. Just got off the phone with the tournament director. I promised Ken that Bob Payseno wouldn't do any  Rodney Dangerfield Cannon ball" dives into the lake next to him this year.
Russ

IP Logged

hawghunter_2017
WBC Member

Reply #10 - 02/28/06 at 16:05:46
Quote Print Post  
I have an application for the tourney if anyone needs it. Lyle and I both received an application from fishing last year. He sent ours in with his application.
Send me a message on here if you want me to send it to you and what your address is or a fax number.

Ted

Ted

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 02/28/06 at 22:22:41
Quote Print Post  
Wow, the Rodney Dangerfield cannonball.  Shocked Grin That's funny I just heard about that from Bob  Winklast weekend I was rolling.

Carlos

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 03/01/06 at 01:02:40
Quote Print Post  
Carlos,

That had to be the biggest splash I have seen by a fisherman in a long time. I can tell you this the fishing got worse soon after Bob did the Rodney Dangerfield splash.
Russ

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 03/01/06 at 02:18:17
Quote Print Post  
Yeah...I'm hoping Nick Culver won't introduce himself the same way to the TD as I did last year...that was quite embarrasing.   I'm pretty sure I'll stay in the boat this time.  After getting back in the boat, Ken (the TD) came over to see how I was doing.  He told me I was going to be disqualifed for leaving the boat- I couldn't believe it.  He then paused for a moment to gauge my reaction and said "I'm just kidding". He then proceeded to ask me what my name was- I told him Bob Payseno.  He seemed to at the time be making a mental note of that as he fired up his boat and drove away.  I was a little suspicous why he needed to know my name.  It seemed to me knowing Ken's funny demeanor he was up to something.  Well, my biggest fear came true when right before the awards ceremony he called  Russ and I up to the stage in front of about 200-300 people.  He recounted the entire ordeal to the entire audience.  For those who don't know Ken....he's a real character.  He loves to tell jokes-  I was completly fine with the public scorn but I still wanted to find a big rock and crawl underneath it.

The moral of this story:  Don't fall out of your boat in 50 degree water in front of the tournament director or you just might find yourself on stage getting an award for something you don't want....good ol' fashion humility.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 03/01/06 at 20:47:38
Quote Print Post  
For those going there is a nice campground about 3-4 east past Mardon's called Warden Lake Resort and Campground. Most of you have heard me talk about this place before. 15 bucks a night with electricity and a great place in the clubhouse to hold the poker game, cook and watch TV. Clean bathrooms and free showers too. That's where Mark, Carlos, Dave and I will be staying. If anyone else is interested, let me know and I'll reserve some campsites together.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo