Normal Topic Snow Pack (Read 2475 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

Snow Pack
02/01/06 at 06:35:58
Quote Print Post  
As if you did not know this already, the snow pack for the season is 120% of normal in the Columbia Basin Irrigation Project.  Means good and full water in Potholes this spring! Grin Grin

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Snow Pack
Reply #1 - 02/01/06 at 07:46:52
Quote Print Post  
When I was there for Thanksgiving and Christmas, the water level was almost as high as it was this Spring. I'm not sure what it usaully is that time of the year, but with what you said Kirk, it could be higher than last year. Looks like they will definately be flowing some water.

IP Logged

hawghunter_2017
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 02/01/06 at 15:36:49
Quote Print Post  
Talking with Mike Meeceburg at the Sportsman Show the plan is to keep Potholes filled more than normal from now on..but having the xtra snow doesnt hurt that is for sure..

Ted

Ted

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/02/06 at 00:45:56
Quote Print Post  
Come on spring!! That's good to hear all in all, can't wait til potholes.  I'm wondering if Gregwire is still going to declare another "drought"....... Wink

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 02/02/06 at 05:20:56
Quote Print Post  
Funny you should mention it.  I was checking Potholes levels yesterday and comparing it with the last 3 years.  It's at 142 right now, it was about 140 this time last year, and it was a little over 146 during our tournament in May, for reference.  This is the 3rd year they've kept it up through the winter.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/03/06 at 04:26:19
Quote Print Post  
Glenn et al,
Should make for good survival rates for all the little guys.  No more feasting for the walleyes all winter.  I am excited for spring to get here.  Is it me, or is anybody else sick of the gray Sad Sad

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/03/06 at 18:39:31
Quote Print Post  
The gray... UG. Yeah, Kirk, this has been one of the most depressing winters in memory. And this is coming from a native Seattilite!

Sad

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/04/06 at 06:22:42
Quote Print Post  
They are saying that the January snowfall on Snoqualmie Pass was the most in 35 years.  170 inches.  I can tell you though that WSDOT does a nice job keeping freight moving over the summitt.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo