Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Silver Lake open 2006 (Read 12870 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Silver Lake open 2006
Reply #45 - 03/27/06 at 05:22:35
Quote Print Post  
Sorry Bob and Nick......we got out late and barely made the raffle!
p.s....they gave away about 350 dollars in cash at the raffle in envelopes...Lyle I believe got $25.00 Nick Barr from Capitol cleaned house! got a t.v./vcr
two rods, cash and a couple reels!  Way to go! Grin

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #46 - 03/27/06 at 06:43:55
Quote Print Post  
My goodness, I was on fire!, I got a $25 Gift certificate to a Bar, a TV/VCR Combo, 2 custom made rods, tackle/hat, an Okuma Deepwater reel. I think i might have paid for my entry fee in prizes. I was almost hysterical after my numbers got called 5 times out of 7 straight draws. The Bite was tough, SLOW, in the Morning the FOG was so bad you could barely see 15 yards in front of you. and I was surprised somebody didnt slip right off the dock early in the morning with all that Ice.  Nick and Bob in the "Aircraft Carrier" I think that boat had a deeper hull than the fish and ski I was fishing out of. But i have to say that Champion is a NICE Boat.  Oh well Fishing Sucked overall worse than last year. I hope CCBC get their pick next year and I will update when i talk to the guys that fished the Club event. See how the fishing went, but a cold front blew in today so i guess their fishing was just as good or Bad as yesterday.

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #47 - 03/27/06 at 08:47:00
Quote Print Post  
Congrats to Doug/John, Pork/Cheese, Bob/Nick and Larry/Ted for weighing fish. Tough bite is an understatement. 
We moved the ice shanty 3 times but no bites.
Mark

IP Logged

Going To Close This Year
Ex Member

Reply #48 - 03/27/06 at 15:29:09
Quote Print Post  
It's ok you guys. You missed one team that weighed-in fish. The Snodgrass/Schmidt team weighed in  one fish for 2lbs 13 oz. and missed one other fish, on a over the branch hook set. Congrats Doug on your 5th place finish.

Daryl

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #49 - 03/27/06 at 20:47:54
Quote Print Post  
What boggles me is this....

It takes 200 pitches/flips to get one to bite because they are lethargic or whatever, but when one decides to bite, they knock the hell out of it. Like they're starving. The fish that have been caught by the people I have been out with this year all hit like that. Took forever to get the hit, but slam it when they do....Not the typical grab it and sit there/ dead, spongy weight feeling bite.  ???

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #50 - 03/28/06 at 00:55:42
Quote Print Post  
Typical Silver Lake Open for me.  Not sure what the beef is about fishing this lake in March.  You all know it is a tough bite, which is for some, the draw to this event.  Anyway, tried all the usual hunting grounds and typical baits.  Nearly froze to death in the fog, and spilled coffee all over myself.  Tried to change baits once, but the effort to do so with fingers that would not work, banished me to a day with the jig.  I had a GREAT time.  Good to see everyone again and congrats to those who caught fish.  Rob's post does make a fella go, hmmmm.....

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #51 - 03/28/06 at 02:51:05
Quote Print Post  
Guess I don't have to feel so bad about blanking out earlier this month.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #52 - 03/28/06 at 05:03:19
Quote Print Post  
great job.  it is nice to have more people catch fish, but i bet it makes bringing in fish that much sweeter

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #53 - 03/28/06 at 06:56:58
Quote Print Post  
The CCBC Club Event WAS HORRIBLE. 8 Boats all teams, 2.8 Pounds won the event with 2 fish, only one guy caught fish, even his partner didnt.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo