Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Silver Lake open 2006 (Read 12902 times)
Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Re: Silver Lake open 2006
Reply #30 - 03/21/06 at 00:19:29
Quote Print Post  
Well I already have 20 lbs pinned up. So I'm thinking at least that much if I don't catch and cull some of those.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 03/21/06 at 05:00:08
Quote Print Post  
Hopefully Me and Ted!
Wink

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 03/21/06 at 05:08:46
Quote Print Post  
It's a tough call. Last year the most any team brought in was 3 fish, but the winners had 17+ lbs, and that was about as nasty of a day as they come.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 03/24/06 at 15:37:42
Quote Print Post  
WHOOOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
FIRST TOURNAMENT TOMMORROW!!!!!!!

Man I have been lookin forward to this!! Gotta be better than last year! Right Markie!....er....CHEESE

"NO CARPE DIEM"
DO NOT SEIZE THE CARP!
           Wink

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 03/24/06 at 16:38:34
Quote Print Post  
Good one Larry, at least I can say that I am not the great carp fisherman that you are.   Grin  To all that are going,  good luck... have a great day fishing.  Team Pork and Cheese will be at the top.

Mark

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 03/24/06 at 19:31:10
Quote Print Post  
I'm thinking about heading down early and doin' some soremouthin'.  I've got too much cabin fever built up.  Good luck to all and see you down there bright and early!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 03/26/06 at 16:36:47
Quote Print Post  
Well..the weather was a lil nicer than last year as no one got rained on but the fish were still in post front shut down.....here is what I heard ......
19 fish total for 35 two man boats....3-4 boats had two fish....most fish were two
first had over 8 lbs
big fish was over 7 lbs
Doug Booth and his partner John were..I believe ...third with over 5 lbs
Pork & Cheese got 1 for 1.14
Me and Ted got one for 1.80
Ron and Kirk-0
Lyle and Brian-0
Stu and Carlos-0
....over all..it was a tough bite but just as it pre-fished.
Looking forward to the Draw tourney!

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 03/26/06 at 16:46:15
Quote Print Post  
Correction, Pork and Cheese had one for a whopping 1lb and 14 oz's....... Shocked  What a pig.........  What a tough bite.  Over half the field blanked....  I was definitely perplexed by the lack of fish.  The water had warmed by over 4 degrees from when I was down there on Wednesday.  Russ and I got two on Wednesday and missed two more.  Then to have the water warmer and have less fish show up was just weird.  If Capital City countinues to have this event this early, then it is time to switch to the Sammamish Open for Pork and Cheese next year.

Mark

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 03/26/06 at 19:55:17
Quote Print Post  
Congrats to Booth team for finishing top 5. You guys gaver heck. Yeah, unfortunately this tourney is always held a month early. Too bad Capital City can't figure that out. You would have a lot more fun fishing an event where almost all of its contestants catch some fish. What fun is to go and fish a tourney and half the field blanks.

I agree with Mark, fishing Lake Sam is a lot more fun this time of year.
Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 03/26/06 at 21:12:47
Quote Print Post  
Capitol tried to get it next month but they lost in Conflict Resolution and had to vacate to March. Next year we will have to possible change lakes as we have had that lake every April for the last few years. Something to ponder come Sept.......

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 03/27/06 at 00:22:43
Quote Print Post  
Larry is quite right!  We beat them out in the draw to give us silver for our draw tourney.  So dont blam the early tourney on them, just be glad were fishing it next month! Grin

Good Job to anyone that caught a fish!!! and hung in their!

Dave

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 03/27/06 at 00:23:07
Quote Print Post  
My vote would be for Washington or Sammamish for an early draw tourney.  With the cost of travel now a days having a few more events this side isn't a bad idea.

mark

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Reply #42 - 03/27/06 at 03:39:48
Quote Print Post  
Every year we say more on the West side where we do not have to travel and evey year the same story.All we have is Sam. and Silver. All the rest are 150 miles to 250 miles. That makes it tuff if you can not get off work till 6pm and have to be at work at 7am .

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #43 - 03/27/06 at 04:44:10
Quote Print Post  
I just want to clarify Larry's earlier post on how people finished at the Silver Lake Open:

Doug Booth and his partner ended up with 6lbs and ended up in 3rd place. Nick Culver and I were also entered in the tournament and had two fish for 5.5lbs which I believe put us in 4th or 5th place overall.

Bob

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #44 - 03/27/06 at 04:57:12
Quote Print Post  
Bob, you must have just finished 6th just out of the money.  They paid 1st-5th place, but I know that 5th place was 5lbs something.  Anyway great job guys!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo