Normal Topic Help with a guide (Read 1425 times)
moonedo
Ex Member

Help with a guide
01/26/06 at 18:01:54
Quote Print Post  
I have a good friend who's boy Max (age 10) very much wants to go Bass fishing.

Can someone recommend a guide or other responsible/experienced person who would be willing to take a father and his son bass fishing?

Thanks.

You can respond to me directly if you choose

Don

dmooney@becu.org

IP Logged

M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

Re: Help with a guide
Reply #1 - 01/26/06 at 18:20:01
Quote Print Post  
You might want to try going to a Fish-In. The club puts one on ounce a month.

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

moonedo
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/26/06 at 18:22:39
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for te idea.  I see there is one on Feb 11th.  How do they work?

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/27/06 at 05:07:54
Quote Print Post  
Basically you bring your gear to the launch site at the time stated, and we will hook you up with someone to fish with in their boat.  We don't get as big of turn-out this time of year, but you are welcome to come down and check us out.  You fish up until 1pm usually, then we all meet back at the ramp for a potluck type lunch. 

Chris

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/28/06 at 01:46:01
Quote Print Post  
I got your call the other night - but I don't guide.  Larry Gonczy was the only one who did that in the club.  But the "fish-in" is a great way to meet folks and go out fishing.  I hope to make it myself if nothing comes up.  (We'll see.)  And the club dues are only $35 for the whole family - and we always have some great speakers who teach about techniques, lakes, or specific lures.  So I encourage you to attend our meetings as a guest.  We're a family club, not a blood and guts competitive tournament club.  I think you'd like us... come check us out.  Chuck Bailey

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo