Normal Topic Results Wash. freeze-in? (Read 3846 times)
Rich
Ex Member

Results Wash. freeze-in?
12/04/05 at 00:37:53
Quote Print Post  
3:30 A.M. got up.  Put on a few pounds of clothes and had some coffee.

4:00 A.M.  Started loading gear into truck.

4:25 A.M.  Had another cup of coffee and put on another couple pounds of clothes.  I am ready to brave the weather on Washington.  Turned to go out to the truck and BAM!  The frame on my chair broke!!!  Talk about P:ssed!

Anyway, how did you guys do?  The weather seemed to cooperate pretty good compared to Friday. Shocked

Rich

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Re: Results Wash. freeze-in?
Reply #1 - 12/04/05 at 01:30:34
Quote Print Post  
I arrived about 9:15, after the roads cleared up some, launched at Rainier.  Used a 3-way all day and quit about 3:15.  Managed 4 SM, 2-0, 2-8, 3-2 and last one went 4-2 (at Coleman Point, after we last talked Brian).
Brian can give the info on who was there since I did not use the Mercer ramp.

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/04/05 at 01:55:32
Quote Print Post  
I showed up at Coulon around 1pm, and saw Brian and Mark at Ivars.  Fished from 1:30 to around 3:45.  I caught a 16.5 inch Cutthroat  Roll Eyes draggin a carolina rig.  Then got a smallmouth around 1.75 lbs, nice scrappy fish.  Very glad I got a bass in December.  It really wasn't as cold as you think, get out there and nail some bass.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5cc22b3127cce95e4cc43169600000016108CZN3Ld...

I got a pic of the trout, but I had my cam on high def so the pic is huge.

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/04/05 at 02:21:29
Quote Print Post  
In short, we had five boats show up, (not all at the same time.....) only 1 back seater. Big fish at noon went to Mark Fields who coax a nice 4lb. smallie into biting a tube jig.  Between all that showed up there were 11 smallies and 1 trout caught, "I had nothing to do with it...." Wink Roll Eyes Not a bad day on the water all and all. Smiley  

Brian (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/04/05 at 04:19:45
Quote Print Post  
Nice job folks........got the flu stuff goin but that is just an excuse as I could have sat THERE just as good as here!

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/04/05 at 05:18:57
Quote Print Post  
Great Job guys.  I would have been there but due to mechanical difficulties I couldn't.

Nice pic  Chris and glad to see it was t-shirt weather out there. HAHA

Rich

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/05/05 at 01:36:44
Quote Print Post  
Made it out to my first fish-in and had some fun even though my friend and I both blanked out.  Had a nice talk with Brian and he showed us a nice spot.  He even gave me some line to use when mine was fraying.  Thanks.  Got out of the water around 12 since my friend had to go back to work and I had to meet up with the girlfriend.   Angry  The day was perfect for fishing.  Now I have to figure out those deep, cold tactics.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/05/05 at 16:39:30
Quote Print Post  
By the way Chris,  the fish in the picture ISN'T A TROUT!!!  Tell him Brian.

Rich

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/05/05 at 19:52:39
Quote Print Post  
Fine, anyone that wants to see the trout pic, give me your email  Tongue.  Just don't call me slimer all next year  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12/06/05 at 01:46:35
Quote Print Post  
What??,  that's not a trout??!! Roll Eyes Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo