Normal Topic B.A.S.S. Bans federation presidents, raises dues (Read 1634 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

B.A.S.S. Bans federation presidents, raises dues
11/21/05 at 02:21:39
Quote Print Post  
http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/federation/news/story?page=b_tourn...

First a scandal involving a cheater at a tourny, now this.  

So glad WBC is above all this and not a part of that organization.  We truly are the best bass club on the planet!  Grin

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: B.A.S.S. Bans federation presidents, raises du
Reply #1 - 11/21/05 at 03:35:48
Quote Print Post  
Glen,

Amen to that. After reading that article all I can say is what a bunch of moronic people trying to take over the federation. I'm so glad that WBC is not a part of that organization.
Russ

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/21/05 at 14:40:31
Quote Print Post  
When I read this last week, the 1st thing I thought was BASS is biting the hand that feeds them.  It will be interesting to sit on the sidelines and see what develops.  Kinda strange to see what happens when a huge commercial interest (ESPN) takes over what was basicly a not for big profit organization.
It will be very interesting to see how the local Federation officials try and defend BASS, or if they even will!
It's great to be in an independent club.! Grin

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 11/23/05 at 21:22:26
Quote Print Post  
I find it comical that B.A.S.S. is trying to "fire" people that were elected by the membership -- B.A.S.S. didn't hire them, so.... ?   LOL   Grin

Just goes to show you ESPN really has no clue what they're doing. 

And they want to raise their dues 33% ... for what?  They won't say, but have imposed a short, strict deadline with threats to ban members if they don't comply.  What a joke!  How fun it must be for Washington B.A.S.S. members to be controlled by a clueless corporation that won't even acknowledge the state!

Lordy Lordy am I EVER glad we never caved into becoming one of the (now) victims. 

We were the first the lead, and seemingly, may be the last.   Smiley

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/23/05 at 22:00:34
Quote Print Post  
Well what I got from it was that these 7 guys wanted to with hold membership dues and keep them for their respective regions instead of forwarding it to the Federation. This sacrificed all the members because it now looked like their dues are not paid.

So it sounds like these guys made a decision without the general concensus of the federation. BASS then cans them for a bad decision.

It reminds me of a mechanic that say works for Ford...and when customers come in, he tells them to call them and gives him his home phone number. Then he does the work on the side and keeps the money for himself, thus cutting out the dealership. he gets all the money instead of a cut that the dealership would give him.

Thats how I read it and understand it.  

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/23/05 at 22:24:17
Quote Print Post  
So I'm confused...whose side on we on?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo