Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) help needed rods and reels stolen (Read 2967 times)
kathy
Ex Member

help needed rods and reels stolen
11/11/05 at 22:31:43
Quote Print Post  
Watchful eye needed!
On 11-9-05 Virgils truck was broken into (again) while parked at Valley Medical Center when I was at work.
This time they got 18 rods and reels, 2 Rapala tackle bags (loaded) and 2 sided carnk bait box (full).
Most of the rods were G-Loomis 6' to 6'6" blue GL2 Shimano spincast. A lot of various crankbait, spinnerbait wrom rigs & drop shot rods with Shimano, Browning, Pflueger trion reels. All of the rods had left hands cranks. All of the rods were in black Bass Pro sleves with the Bass Pro emblem on them. I had a brand new GLoomis 7' spincast with Quantum high energy reel. The reel was multi color. My 1st rod and now it's gone! One rod was green bass pro rod w/Shimano reel. One GLoomis spincast. Not completley sure of everything else they got. Still taking inventory. If you come across anyone trying to unload these please let us know. It's also on file with Renton PD.

Thanks,
Kathy
Sad

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Re: help needed rods and reels stolen
Reply #1 - 11/11/05 at 23:25:43
Quote Print Post  
Sorry to here about yet another crime victim. I just finished rekeying and relocking my rig.
Guys and gals, go through your vehicles. Do you really need to keep all that stuff in it ? I have taken everything out of mine, especially papers that might be usefull for identity theft. Trust me, it is not worth the risk.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/12/05 at 00:02:09
Quote Print Post  
Amen Varmint....I still have a problem leaving stuff in the truck!
Cry  Kathy and Virg....my sympathy to you....

IP Logged

kathy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/12/05 at 00:49:16
Quote Print Post  
After 1st theft was careful leaving gear in truck, fishing trip was planned for next day.

P.S. $1250. for poped & pulled key lock on truck.
      What an expensive day at work!!

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/12/05 at 05:16:09
Quote Print Post  
Ouch, I've seen how loaded his vehicle can get.  Really sucks, good luck finding the stuff.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #5 - 11/12/05 at 05:38:55
Quote Print Post  
Yup, it sucks living in a world where people with no respect, no morals, no right to even live amongst us feel compelled... that it's their right.... to steal from others.  It's fun thrill for them.

I got a 9mm just waiting to get one in the cross-hairs.

Until that (happy) day occurs, I keep the car & truck empty, use "The Club" on both, and make sure my homeowners insurance covers any losses. 

Homeowners insurance for auto break-ins? Wha??

Yup, car insurance only covers damage to your car, not the loss of items within it.  My buddy learned this the hard way one day when all his baseball equipment was stolen from his truck while parked at Emerald Downs.  He didn't own a home, and didn't have renters' insurance, so he was screwed.

Guys, if you rent, get renter's insurance.  So few people do.  These are the folks you see on the news, wrapped in blankets, as their apartment burns down.  This could be you.

And now that you know renter's insurance is the only way to cover lost items stolen from an auto break-in, you have yet another reason to get it.

Ok... I'm off my soapbox.

Sorry to hear of your loss, Kathy & Virg.  Hope you have the insurance to cover it.  Undecided

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/12/05 at 05:54:06
Quote Print Post  
Just a reminder also, You really need to let the insurance company know that you are a specialty fisherman and that the items you have are not from a discount store.

That being said, the insurance company will want you to purchase a special rider to cover the specialty items, it can get a bit expensive, but you will be truly covered in the event you are to lose expensive equipment.

Get all you questions answered completely before buying any rider.

BillB

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/12/05 at 17:47:51
Quote Print Post  
H-h-h-m-m-m-  must have a scope on that 9MM.

Sorry to hear of your loss Virgil.  I know it doesn't help much but I know just how you feel. 

Rich

IP Logged

kathy
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 11/16/05 at 01:34:37
Quote Print Post  
Just another thought....

I'm not a E-Bay user but a lot of people are. While on E-Bay keep an eye out for some good deals on GLoomis, Lamiglass, Berkley rods and mainly Shimano spincast reels, baitcast reels will be Browning agressor, Pflueger.
All rods had basspro sleves on them.

If you see anything that might fit the description let us know and we will notify police.

Cell # 206-331-8068.

Thanks,
Kathy

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #9 - 11/16/05 at 01:49:32
Quote Print Post  
You only need to know three simple words: TASER, TASER, TASER!

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 11/16/05 at 16:09:09
Quote Print Post  
Unless your names or some other identification are engraved in the rods you will have virtually no luck in retrieving them...I'm sorry to say.

Being in the business, the best I can tell people is don't be a victim in the first place. The chances of getting stolen property back is less than 1%....

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #11 - 11/17/05 at 00:40:24
Quote Print Post  
Rob is 100% correct. Darn police.

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo