Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Electroncics (Read 3342 times)
gotfivetoo
Ex Member

Electroncics
11/11/05 at 16:25:27
Quote Print Post  
Ok everyone, let's have some fun, this is a two part question.  If money was not a factor(I know, I know, it always is) and you wanted the best, what finder/gps, mapping system would you have on the boat?  Eagle, Lowrance, Humminbird???  What?

Second, what would it be if you were on a budget?  Say 700 to 1000 bucks.  Let's hear it.

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Re: Electroncics
Reply #1 - 11/12/05 at 00:49:26
Quote Print Post  
I have the new color lowrance 337 and the 68c on front.  Both are worth there money.

Once you see the color and the detail you wont go back!

Although, if you are looking at the 337 get the 332 unless you go out in the sound.  The 200kz sonar on the 332 has better detail then the 55 and 200kz on the 337.

You can add lake map chips to the 332 or 337 and the 68c has gps so you can mark way points and rerun over paths that are created!

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/12/05 at 06:35:12
Quote Print Post  
i also have the 332c and it is excelllent.  plus it is at the low end of your price range.

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/12/05 at 18:16:10
Quote Print Post  
Nothing goes on my new boat but Lowrance. Nothing! Shocked
Current boat (which is for sale incidently) has a Lowrance 330 at the helm and a Lowrance 102C at the bow in addition to a Vexlar color flasher at the helm.
As Dave said color makes a world of difference, even on my flasher.
The new boat will have an Eagle 2000c and Lowrance 332c at the helm as well as a 332C at the bow.

SMITTY
Wink

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #4 - 11/13/05 at 05:06:24
Quote Print Post  
I am currently having the X-25c and the 332c installed in my boat as we speak. I personally like Lowrance the best, but that is just my opinion. I have the LMS-480 on my other boat (for the lakes that we cant use gas motors or can't get our big boats into)

Mike

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/14/05 at 03:51:52
Quote Print Post  
I would have to agree with Dave after running his boat during the Frostbite. Having GPS on the front can be very helpful when working over a piece of structure. Plus having them both in color was awesome.

We drug over a long roadbed in 32 ft of water and without the front GPS, we wouldn't have been able to stay on the sweet spot. It might not be as critical on some lakes, but I can assure you it is on some.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #6 - 11/21/05 at 03:53:48
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
If money was not a factor(I know, I know, it always is) and you wanted the best, what finder/gps, mapping system would you have on the boat?  Eagle, Lowrance, Humminbird???  What?

Lowrance
Quote:
Second, what would it be if you were on a budget?  Say 700 to 1000 bucks.  Let's hear it.

Lowrance
Cheesy

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/05/05 at 22:07:01
Quote Print Post  
If money was no object, the new Humminbird series with GPS and 3D mapping on the front, and the Humminbird with "side-view" on the console.

With a tighter budget, I would stick to my Eagle Status GPS/sonar combo on the console and a basic Lowrance on the front.

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/06/05 at 02:24:06
Quote Print Post  
Having used lowrance, bottomline, garmin, and eagle, I would buy the bottomline and lowrance modles again. If money wasn't a factor, I'd probaby go with the lowrance LCX-111c HD on dash as well as on the front, they have have the ability to share info as well as the same antenae, plus the 600 x 800 pixel count with 4,000 peak to peak watts doesn't hurt ether. with that kind of a buget, I'd go twin LMS 480's or just a single LCX-17M, I'd say the LMS-332C, but as far as I can tell it only offers 2,400 peak-to-peak watts, the color is cool but the high res. is a must to me.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12/11/05 at 08:53:18
Quote Print Post  
4000 watts! Sounds like you wanna fry the fish not find them Brian....  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/11/05 at 18:04:03
Quote Print Post  
Well color me "old school" but I just need somethin' to tell me how deep it is, maybe structure on the bottom and how hard it is.  Then I use my 6th (Bass) sense to do the rest.  So just a long pole iffin the ol' electronics get fried.

Probably the reason I finish near the bottom most times.

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 12/13/05 at 05:36:52
Quote Print Post  
Faz, whatever it takes to get them in the boat, although most times it just stuns them.... Wink Grin Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo