Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Frosty Results (Read 9546 times)
gotfivetoo
Ex Member

Frosty Results
11/07/05 at 01:40:26
Quote Print Post  
Well, finally am getting warm.  I cannot recall ever having colder fingers.  Losing football heads can become quite a chore.  Lyle and I got blown off of our spots, but did manage a huge tourney bag of just at 9 lbs!!  Others faired better.  I only know that Mark and Carlos, Dave and Rob weighed about 20 lbs for the tourney.  Just know that it was cold, 34 degrees and rain Saturday, and wind.  Took serious bass fisherman to do this to themselves.  Learned a bunch, mostly that smallies are the toughest hombries on the planet.
Kirk

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Frosty Results-2
Reply #1 - 11/07/05 at 16:50:21
Quote Print Post  
This tourney all though cold was a blast for the Payseno Baker team. Culled three times on both days for 7th place of 21.51lbs, took 23lbs to be in the money and a tad over 29 to win it. Maderos and Carlos 20.78lb I believe for a strong finish as well and Maglio team  I think 19lbs.

Fish were aggressive smashing grubs in 15-35 feet 1st day and a combination of drop shot and grubs in 35 feet 2nd day. With cold temps and strong winds never would have thought that the fishing would have been this good. Looking forward to next year.

Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Frosty Results
Reply #2 - 11/07/05 at 18:30:54
Quote Print Post  
Yeah..suck, we had a good bag Saturday and couldn't repeat day 2...suck. And suck, We lost a nice 3 pounder...suck, you know you can't do that at this lake as rare as they are...suck. But overall it was a great weekend with the poker games and all, even the sucking hangover on Saturday.

Rule of thumb...which just thawed by the way...

Get in the money or come in dead last...because you at least get a Busch Beer blowup bass for last place...suck...suck..suck Congrats Jack and Jesse
Been around Jarrell too long.....suck

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/07/05 at 19:13:27
Quote Print Post  
Rob, we know what your lips are saying even if it does sound like "suck".

It is good to hear that you all caught fish.  And apparently finished pretty good.

I was "feeling" for youse guys after I saw the thing about I-90 being closed.  Dead tired, cold and then maybe a longer trip home then planned.  I called Russ but just got answering machine (sounded just like Russ thou) to try to let you know that the pass was closed so you wouldn't get caught in the closure.  Then called Larry and he called CPR to let you guys know.

Well I guess the best news was that you guys were mostly staying at motels.  My kind of camping..HAHA

Good job all.

Rich

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/07/05 at 19:27:04
Quote Print Post  
Nice work, fellas! All of ya. Those sound like brutal conditions.

Past frostbite tourneys have been bitterly cold, but usually there are bluebird skies and no wind. That wind and rain sounds tough!

Way to represent,
Chris

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/07/05 at 19:50:27
Quote Print Post  
Good job to all who went! I knew about 30 pounds was in order to win. Had the weather not took a turn for the worse it probably would have been a pound or so more. October smallie fishing is usually a good time to catch a few bigger fish. Glad you all made it home safe and sound.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/07/05 at 20:17:59
Quote Print Post  
Hopefully, someone got the info regarding how many fishermen, boats, clubs, etc. were there. 

It would be interesting info.  Since I have never participated in this event I am not sure who puts it on.  Maybe they have a site where this info is posted.

Rich

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/07/05 at 20:53:52
Quote Print Post  
There were 45 or 46 boats, 2 anglers a boat. I think Central Washington Bass Club put it on. Sounds like there would have been more had the weather report not scared people off.

Anyhow, I have to admit I did not think it would take 29 pounds to win. I am humbled on that call. Historically the weights have been several pounds lower.

The first Jamboree I was there, in the Spring with Largemouth available, 13 pounds was the biggest bag. And there were great anglers there to include Jeff Boyer. So to see 15 then 14 pounds was amazing to me.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 11/07/05 at 21:22:51
Quote Print Post  
Rich,

There were 45 boats as far as what club don't know just know that Russ Avery and another fellow put it on so they can pay for their fee's at the Potholes Open and some other stuff, according to Ruman.

Wasn't surprised by the totals at all since the fishing was pretty good the week before. The weather always changes things for most people and you just need to learn to adjust to it. Its more mental than weather related. I found that the fish in the areas that Bob and I found in weeks earlier hadn't moved at all other than a few yards away when the tournament came. It was great to see all the limits by most of the WBC guys.

The real thing that I was most surprised by was how good the fishing was for as cold as it was. Hope to see more WBC guys there next year. The Poker game was a hoot as usuall as Lyle swept the field. Man Lyle maybe you should play professionally. I was humbled in that game to say the least.
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 11/07/05 at 23:15:34
Quote Print Post  
Hey Russ do you remember the poker game or the post game festivities?

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 11/07/05 at 23:38:02
Quote Print Post  
Russ I  have seen you play poker and from what I have seen. You should be advising most of the people you play to go pro. LOL !

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 11/07/05 at 23:50:51
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

I too had a pretty good headache after that game. Got ripped on the last two games, because I was trying to cheat you guys, but oh well, for $10 bucks where else can you have that much fun. Man with a View I have seen you to play poker and you might just want to stick with playing fish, your better at that.LOL

Lyle won fair and square!!

RB
« Last Edit: 11/10/05 at 00:40:29 by »  

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 11/08/05 at 00:05:12
Quote Print Post  
You are right Russ I am much better at sticking fish.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 11/08/05 at 00:07:00
Quote Print Post  
Let's be careful about accusations on the site.  We are supposed to talk about fishing and fun.  Good grief, let it go.  I got my butt kicked this week-end and I am not afraid of saying so.  I too, like Rob will eat crow on the total weights.  It just does not happen at Banks, in my experience, much at all.  I am glad for my fellow anglers, in particular, Dave and Rob.  Lyle and I were heading south on Sunday and there was this lone boat in the middle of Banks Lake, fighting three foot swells and 20 mph winds, draggin plastics.  They had found a productive area by gritty map reading and good electronics.  Given a break by the weather, they probably could have located even better fish, it was just that sort of location.  I do not impress easily, and I must say that I was impresses by your dedication and determination.  Nicely done, all.

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 11/08/05 at 00:20:50
Quote Print Post  
Hey got 5, Where did you think anyone was accusing any body of any thing? I did not read where any body stated anything about how poorly anybody did. (Except at poker and that is not an acusation. It is a fact I suck at poker) We are having fun and I see all smiles out there. Grin Smiley Cheesy 8) Smiley Grin Wink Smiley Grin Wink Shocked 8) Smiley 8) Cheesy Grin Wink Grin Smiley

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo