Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Frosty Frostbite (Read 3829 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

Frosty Frostbite
11/03/05 at 18:22:28
Quote Print Post  
Just a word of caution.  Keep your eyes peeled to the WSDOT Pass Cameras.  There is a winter storm warning for the Snoqualmie Pass area in effect until late Friday night.  Up to 3' feet of snow could fall between Thursday at 10am and Friday midnight.  I am sure this is not what you guys wanted to hear, but I have a fairly direct connection to WSDOT and they are just not sure what the snow levels will be through this storm.  Right now, it is blowing and cold in Snoqualmie and the pass cameras are showing some weather.  Just thought you should be aware.
Kirk

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Frosty Frostbite
Reply #1 - 11/03/05 at 19:10:17
Quote Print Post  
Kirk,

Thanks dude we are all watching this storm carefully as it will be vewy treacherous crossing over. I suggest all to bring chains. This one is going to be a nail biter for all of us.
Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/04/05 at 05:20:29
Quote Print Post  
Not me....HE HE HE HE

DOH!

Embarrassed

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/04/05 at 17:01:13
Quote Print Post  
Yeah your probly going trout fishing. Wink Doh!

He he he...

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/06/05 at 00:24:46
Quote Print Post  
Boy,  I sure hope it is worth it this weekend.  You guys are really hardcore.

O.K.  I am going to put another log on the fire and watch the rest of the game.

But I really wish I was there....NOT

But I do wish you guys luck.

Rich

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 11/06/05 at 04:08:38
Quote Print Post  
FYI
All of "our" teams made it safely to Banks yesterday, and I believe they all caught fish today, some better than others.  Rains moved in early this afternoon and were continuing this evening with temps @40 when I spoke with Lyle @6:30.  Sounds like they're all having a great time . . . even with the cold temps. 

Andrea

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/06/05 at 17:31:03
Quote Print Post  
Called Coulee Playland to ask them to let all the contestants know about the closure of I-90 and they said they knew and planned to tell the folks....gonna be a long trip back!

Oh for those not watching the news.......I-90 is closed for yet another rock slide.......hmmmm......is the DOT really gonna do anything bout this this time?

IP Logged

grubber
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/07/05 at 11:04:14
Quote Print Post  
i wasn't at the tourny, but i just now got back from bird hunting over by the potholes. we left there at 4:30 pm! 10 hours to get back over stevens pass. there was an accident in sultan that had us sitting still for.... ever. road conditions were fine though.

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 11/07/05 at 14:49:25
Quote Print Post  
I was in Yakima to celebrate the 230th birthday of the Marine Corps. Cheesy 
I left at 1030 Sunday morning, went south through Satus Pass to the gorge, and then back north on I-5.  I arrived home in Auburn at 1630.  Total drive only 5 hrs.  Traffic on I-5 north of the highway 12 intersection was very heavy.

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 11/08/05 at 05:55:07
Quote Print Post  
I was wondering if anybody would go down as far as Tri-Cities and across I-84, or jog down to Yakima and over Hwy.12. I've pulled my boat over N. Cascade Hwy., Stevens (in June) and N. across Satas from Central Oregon, then 12 and 410. Wouldn't like any of them in nasty weather,  but especially not towing a heavy boat. I hope everybody made it back alright. Please check in! 
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 11/08/05 at 18:42:21
Quote Print Post  
Steve,

Yes we all went over White Pass because there was a 6 hour wait to go over stevens. White was in good shape and was moving at 25-30mph. Took us 9-1/2 hours to go home. When is the DOT ever going to get a clue on the pass fix.
RB

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 11/08/05 at 19:44:50
Quote Print Post  
That 25 mph bumper-to-bumper traffic in Natches was the reason I turned around and went south through Satus Pass and I-82 in the Columbia Gorge to I-5.  I ain't got no patience fer no steekin 25 mph traffic over White Pass. Angry

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo