Normal Topic Largemouth Activity (Read 3108 times)
Chris B
Ex Member

Largemouth Activity
10/21/05 at 18:39:15
Quote Print Post  
How are the largemouth reacting at some of the local lakes?  Are they still active, chasing baits, or is it more of a slow flip and pitch bite?  Just wondering because I want to try out a few baitcast reels I bought, practice pitching and stuff.  I was thinking maybe Tanwax, as there were plenty of 2 lbers to catch at the fish-in.  Any suggestions?  Nice concrete boat ramp is a plus. Tongue  Thanks

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Re: Largemouth Activity
Reply #1 - 10/21/05 at 18:44:00
Quote Print Post  
Well if you want Largies I'd go to Silver Lake plenty of LM and you can pitch 'n flip for days. Also has a pretty good ramp.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/21/05 at 20:36:43
Quote Print Post  
See Rob maglio on that one.
RB

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 10/21/05 at 23:29:53
Quote Print Post  
Chris,

just in case you didn't see the regs. Tanwax closes on 10/31, so get out there quick . . .

Don't want you to get reminded by someone in uniform  Wink (like Lyle was--the 1st yr they closed it)

Happy Flippin & Pitchin

Andrea

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/21/05 at 23:34:03
Quote Print Post  
Chris,

When you leave the ramp go fish the last two-three docks on the right side near that resort. Spanked a couple of 4lbers there last year on Senko's dead sticking them under the docks.
Russ

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/22/05 at 02:01:42
Quote Print Post  
I got out to Spanaway for a couple hours today, caught 4 largemouth, 1 smallmouth, nothing over 2lbs. 1 on spinnerbait, 2 on dropshot and 2 skipping sinkos. the pattern was deeper pads and docks, "10ft."

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/07/06 at 03:33:43
Quote Print Post  
Well here it goes, I saw my first cruising largemouths today in 3ft of water on a mud flat. Shocked  Spooked the first one, (3lbs +-) then had a 5+ cruise right by the boat!, didn't even see it until I was almost on top of it. Lips Sealed  I let the area settle down then tryed it again, but the dark came to fast. I'll try it again soon! If you have a lake near you that warms up early, get to it, there's fish to be caught!! Grin

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/08/06 at 04:18:55
Quote Print Post  
Chris,

Actually if you get any 50+ degree days in a row, Carlos suggestion was a good one. I have had days on Silver like that, that were awesome. Bass actually chasing plastics out of brush to enhail the baits.
Russ

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 02/08/06 at 04:32:33
Quote Print Post  
I'll keep that in mind Russ.  Hoping the weather hangs in there for the weekend.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo