Normal Topic Guess who I saw? (Read 2498 times)
gotfivetoo
Ex Member

Guess who I saw?
10/21/05 at 03:04:03
Quote Print Post  
Some of you may not know these two gents, but they were very active in the club when I joined in 1994.  I was deer hunting up near Chesaw last week, and ran into David and Frosty Wells.  They are well and I told them about the happenings of the club.  Blast from the past for all of us old timers.  Those fellows are fine fisherman and I learned a lot from them.  Hope to see them again with the club.
Kirk

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Re: Guess who I saw?
Reply #1 - 10/21/05 at 04:19:27
Quote Print Post  
I actually ran into Frosty at work.  He works for a door co. that does card access systems.  I was wearing a WBC shirt and he introduced himself.  We got to talking and he mentioned he was a member up to the mid 90's.  I've seen him a few times since and he always asks how some of the long time members are doing.  Small world.

Terry

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/21/05 at 21:20:21
Quote Print Post  
Frosty... Cool!

He was my AmBASSador when I joined the club. I remember him cruising around in his tracker with the Force outboard cruising just slow enough so that he could have a 6 inch ash coming off the end of his cigarette.

He is a heck of a nice guy, and he was a great person to break into the club with.

Chris

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 10/28/05 at 03:42:23
Quote Print Post  
Frosty was an excellent Prez and David an equally outstanding secretary.  I had the pleasure of being the board with them back then.  A couple of great guys, great anglers, and fun poker players.  Many a tournament we stayed up late playin' for pennies and getting tanked.

A few years ago I played poker again with them, Ed Telders, Frank Chang, and Robert Ehnat to catch up and shoot the breeze.  Great fun.  Great memories.

You guys playing poker at every tournament are creating great friendships and memories that will last forever.  That's the power of this club, the people in it, and this sport.

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/28/05 at 14:30:00
Quote Print Post  
You're right Glenn.  How could anyone forget the late night poker games at the infamous cabin #2.  The endless goodnatured bashing, the never-ending exchange of pennys, and the constant cloud of flatulent gas that permeated the air. Kiss  
I vividly recall L. Gonzy with his "Professional Poker Players visor" sitting at the table with a huge pile of change saying "bring it on suckers". 8)
The blast-offs the next morning were always interesting with all those bleary-eyed anglers trying to avoid the island and the rockpile in the dark and sooth their throbbing headaches. Grin
David was my partner on one of those opening weekends.  He crawled in my blue Stratos, passed out, and didn't wake up until about 10 AM when I yelled at him to net my 1st 5 lb LM in Washington.  I still have the picture he took.  Smiley

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #5 - 10/28/05 at 16:18:25
Quote Print Post  
Oh ya, the memories of the cigar smoke-filled cabin are flooding back.  That was MY cabin too!!   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/28/05 at 23:53:35
Quote Print Post  
This whole thing sounds like Tri-Cities......Mark had the gas.....We picked on Russ.....and all drank a lot of beer. Except me, I had to drive Smitty's nice truck back.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 10/29/05 at 20:56:04
Quote Print Post  
Yea Rob,

Fess up you had as many beers as the rest of us, Thank God Smitty's truck is one piece.
RUss

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo