Normal Topic Fishing Pole (Read 1641 times)
Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Fishing Pole
09/18/05 at 02:33:02
Quote Print Post  
Boy, do I have a story for you. You might think it's funny, you might think that I am an idiot. You be the judge. Here goes.

I thought that I would head out to Phillips on Friday for the morning bite. Needless to say I was by myself. I arrived around 6am. Lake was beautiful, nobody on it. I started fishing and pulled out a Largie just over 2lbs. Caught a couple more dinkers. I had cast my line out by this dock and set my pole down on the deck, while I started to tie up a new crankbait on my baitcast. I noticed my line that was in the water was slowly starting to move. I reached down grabbed my pole and let him have it. Well in the act of letting him "have it", I did not have a real good handle on my fishing pole. So, after the hook set, my pole flies into the water! I just looked at it for about a second, dumfounded. Then I did the next best thing. Dove in after it! I got it. Came up for air and started to reel. I wasn't going to let that fish get away! I was trying to reel the fish in along side my boat, that was slowly drifting away. I decided that it would be best if I set my pole in the boat and got in and then reeled that fish in. So I did, and I still had this fish on. Never guess what the whole commotion was about. A SLIMER! Yup, a %$*&@$% Trout. Anyway, I shook off like my chocolate lab after swimming, and noticed that I can't see a dang thing. My glasses? I lost my glasses, and I am blind! So now I am soaking wet and can't see a dang thing. Mind you I still have to get my boat on the trailer and get back home to Enumclaw and I am in Shelton.
     Anyway after three stops looking for contacts I finally find a place in Olympia that will give me a set of contacts for $50.00. I would have paid $100.00. Do you know how hard it is to see an exit sign, or any sign for that matter, when you are blind? I finally made it home and figured that I would tell you about it.
   One of these days I won't have to work on the night of the meeting and get to finally go to it.

Xsftballer

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Re: Fishing Pole
Reply #1 - 09/18/05 at 03:23:15
Quote Print Post  
WOW what a story  Tongue  It happens to the best of us.  At least you got the rod back.  I couldn't imagine putting the boat on the trailer and driving home blind.  Glad everything came out OK.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/18/05 at 03:32:01
Quote Print Post  
I'm Sorry.....I would have to embellish on this one....even to say it was over a two pounder Largie would have been better!

new screen name........

blindslimercatcherswimmerafterer

Wink

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/18/05 at 16:22:43
Quote Print Post  
WEEDWACKER II...

Great story.....  I think you hit all the high spots.  Loosing a rod, catching slimers, going overboard.  The only thing you missed was wrecking the boat.

I can see that you will be a great addition to the club.

Welcome aboard, so to speak.

Rich

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #4 - 09/18/05 at 23:35:27
Quote Print Post  
Love the new nickname. Ya it wasn't a high life in my life, but I made it through.

Headed to Banks in the morning and I can't wait. Let you know how I did.

Larry I fished with a buddy of yours this morning. Rick Yonkin, we headed out to Sawyer. I thnk you are the same Larry that he was talking about.

Mike

Xsftballer

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo