Normal Topic Lake Washington LMB Bonnaza (Read 2023 times)
SMITTY
Ex Member

Lake Washington LMB Bonnaza
08/22/05 at 13:58:58
Quote Print Post  
I wasn't even planning to fish this weekend but a visit from my sister-in-law made me want to leave the house. Cry  So very early Sunday morning I trailered to the Alantic Ramp and was on the water headed north by 0520.  I was fishing Webster Point in 15 minutes and on the 3rd cast hit my 1st LMB on a Chartruse RC 1.  Before I had gone 300 yards down the bank I had boated 4 LMB's and not a one was less than 2 lbs with the largest going just shy of 4.  As the bite started to slow I switched to a 3/8ths oz Chartruse SB with gold blades and a white trailer.  Several small bass kept hitting it and rolling it but no hookups until---- Whammo!  A huge SMB that I fought for several minutes.  I lost her at the boat as I tried to belly lift it into the boat.  I estimated her to be over 5 lbs and then gone.  I had her in my hands!!  Embarrassed
As the sun rose the bite quickly died so it was over to the east bank of Hunts Point to continue with the RC 1.  I was rewarded with several large Perch but no more bass until I switched to the trusty drop shot and proceeded to nail several in the 13 inch class on a 3" green curl-tailed worm.  By 10 the boat traffic was starting to increase so it was back to the ramp to head for home.  Not bad for a quick trip and the sister-in-law was gone when I got home! Grin

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Re: Lake Washington LMB Bonnaza
Reply #1 - 08/22/05 at 15:56:46
Quote Print Post  
Awesome report Smitty.  I knew I should have got my lazy butt out of bed.

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/22/05 at 22:59:19
Quote Print Post  
Good job Smitty, especially since I fished that point Sunday from about 4am to 4:45am and caught nothing using a Pointer.  From there I moved on to some of my other spots and picked up 13 smallmouth using a deep Hotlips. Largest was 3-14.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/23/05 at 01:05:24
Quote Print Post  
Great job on those elusive LM on that lake.

IP Logged

Justin
Forum Member

"I caught you a delicious
bass'

Reply #4 - 08/27/05 at 21:45:27
Quote Print Post  
Are these  Lake Washington hot spots accessible with a 12ft smoker craft and a 7.5 hp merc?

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/27/05 at 22:51:47
Quote Print Post  
If you launch at Sand Point and the water is not rough, it is about a 4 mile run to the south to get to Webster Point.  There are several good areas around Sand Piont and none of them are more than a mile or so.

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/28/05 at 00:31:29
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Are these  Lake Washington hot spots accessible with a 12ft smoker craft and a 7.5 hp merc?

If you launch at Coulon Park, stay to the right and start hitting the docks around Coleman point all the way to the Logging mill.  Fishing all that shoreline should take you a few hours.  Thats how I fished last year in my 9 foot and 3.3 hp  Tongue.  Caught a nice share of fish off that stretch.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo