Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Terry and Chris....you O.K.? (Read 5263 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Terry and Chris....you O.K.?
08/07/05 at 19:17:48
Quote Print Post  
Heard there was a mishap involving a blowout....you guys okay? need anything?...work party?
Just checking...Larry.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: Terry and Chris....you O.K.?
Reply #1 - 08/07/05 at 20:18:54
Quote Print Post  
Hey Larry,

Yes, we are both fine. Thank you for asking. The short story is that Terry's truck had a blowout on the freeway that sent us into the median around Elk Heights and flipped his boat and trailer over. Amazingly, we stayed upright in his Suburban and the hitch was still connected! No other parties were involved and we are both unscathed.

Unfortunately, Terry's boat will never be the same. It is probably totalled. The Holmes family was very nice and let us stay at their place in Ellensburg until we could get a new tire the next day.

It's not quite the prefishing trip we were looking for on Lake Roosevelt, but an exciting story at least. We have plans to borrow a boat for next weekend's NW Bass tournament to see if we can salvage the season!

Chris

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #2 - 08/07/05 at 20:29:50
Quote Print Post  
Sarge and Terry,

I am really sorry that this happened to you guys. That stinks!

I'm glad you are both OK and still get to fish the tourney.

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/07/05 at 23:42:39
Quote Print Post  
thats terrible i am glad everyones ok.  thats a nightmare for anyone who pulls a boat.  i hope everything works out and you have a great tourney.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/08/05 at 00:44:40
Quote Print Post  
Great to know yous guys are ok....if you need a back-up to the back-up....let me know!
Ya'll are always welcome in the ProCraft.

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 08/08/05 at 02:44:20
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for all the kind words, although I'm not sure how anybody found out.  I have only spoke to Kirk and Ron.  We'll see how bad the nightmare is after the insurance adjuster looks at it tomorrow.  No matter what I'll be in the market for a new boat.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

dgarrett
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/08/05 at 03:25:08
Quote Print Post  
Terry,

I'm really sorry about your accident. I know you and Chris take these bad beats in stride, but that whole experience must have been stressful. Glad you are okay, and I hope to see you out on the water next weekend. You have some points to protect Smiley

Tight Lines,
Danny

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/08/05 at 14:06:50
Quote Print Post  
I'm very glad to hear that you guys are OK.  A blowout at highway speed in traffic, is a real scary event. Tongue  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Harley
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/08/05 at 16:58:22
Quote Print Post  
Sorry to hear that happened.  Glad you both are fine.  Good luck at rookie team of the year.  Harley Undecided

IP Logged

Got 3 Bags
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 08/08/05 at 18:12:02
Quote Print Post  
Glad to here you guys are OK. So Terry, how do you get a new boat again? I may be in the market. Please send proper vehicle handling instruction.

Daryl

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/08/05 at 19:50:26
Quote Print Post  
Daryl,  I believe the proper start is "HOLY SH!!!T!"!  And then "THANK YOU LORD"  at the end. Grin

Terry, what part of your life flashed before you?  Just kidding. 

I have been in enough  "accidents"  to know that  sick feeling and then the relief that EVERYBODY is alright.  And then the rest of the story.

When everyone can walk away is the best feeling.  But it sucks that the boat got dinged Embarrassed

Just glad to hear the 2 of you are alright and it sounds like you will be able to "uphold" the good name of WBC in the Tourney.  Good luck to you guys and "GET 'ER DONE!

Rich

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #11 - 08/09/05 at 01:43:26
Quote Print Post  
Ya, what Rich said!

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 08/09/05 at 18:42:34
Quote Print Post  
Glad to hear you guys are OK....sorry to hear about the boat.

I hope you will still be able to get out there and "do the business" and win that Rookie Team Title - after what you've just been through you deserve it!!!!

Faz

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 08/14/05 at 02:39:51
Quote Print Post  
Glad to hear both youse guys are ok after a quick change of skivies. Terry...you need to brush up on your driver's training!

A couple of years ago, I was coming over the pass westbound, hit a piece of road litter, and blew the right rear tire and punctured the right front, both on the truck. Trailer tires missed it. It made a move toward the guardrail, but I managed to get it stopped safely, without flipping the boat over. The key thing was to not even think about touching the brakes. If this had happened on the downhill, I think it would have been ugly.

As it was, having two flats with one spare was a problem. I hitched a ride into North Bend with the punctured tire, got it fixed, and paid $70 to Less Swabs for a ride back to the summit. Bought a new set of tires the following week, in Oregon.
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #14 - 08/28/05 at 21:04:05
Quote Print Post  
If anyone is curious what a flipped boat may look like.  Cry

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=429721177

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo