Normal Topic NW Bass - Potholes, July 9th. (Read 2240 times)
Sarge
Ex Member

NW Bass - Potholes, July 9th.
07/11/05 at 05:31:14
Quote Print Post  
Hi club,

Here's the report for the NW Bass tournament this weekend. Terry and I continue to scratch near the top of the leaderboard, but can't quite make that jump into the top ten. We ended up in 13th out of 90 boats with 15.35 pounds. Our big fish was 4.15 pounds. The good news is that we cashed our first check. At $200 it was small, but still fun to get some money back.

The day started off REALLY promising. We blasted off at 5:45 and had our limit at 6:07, including big fish. Boats were still running by us. Thank you Lord for the mighty beavers and the miraculous structures they have built. We culled up our limit three times, but by 10 o'clock the bite totally shut down for us and we couldn't improve our weight. We caught all of our fish off beaver huts on the Winchester side with Texas-rigged plastics. I did have one fish boil on a spinnerbait in the morning, and there were a couple of senko fish that did not make it into the limit.

It took a heavy 19 pounds to win, and that team had a 5.73 pound largemouth and another one that had to be awfully close to the big fish. All of the top teams were weighing largemouth. Smallies didn't play a very important role at all.

Rookie-Team-Of-The-Year is still an attainable goal for us. I haven't seen the official results, but we should have added a substantial margin to our lead after this tournament, so that is pretty exciting.

Next stop: Lake Roosevelt!!!

Chris

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Re: NW Bass - Potholes, July 9th.
Reply #1 - 07/11/05 at 14:40:32
Quote Print Post  
Great Job Dudes!
  Good luck at Roosevelt.

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/11/05 at 23:36:44
Quote Print Post  
Way to go Terry and Chris!!! Glad to see some cash back for your efforts. It sounds like you guys are getting vewy, vewy close. Keep it up.
Russ

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/12/05 at 00:30:06
Quote Print Post  
Excellent work Terry and Chris, gotta feel good to cash a check.  Roosevelt will be a hoot, good luck to the both of you.

BillB

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/12/05 at 02:34:18
Quote Print Post  
Great Job Guys!!

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/12/05 at 04:31:13
Quote Print Post  
Great job.  A limit in 22 minutes, Awesome !

IP Logged

Harley
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/12/05 at 05:21:12
Quote Print Post  
Nice going guys.  Good luck.  Harley Grin

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/12/05 at 20:49:09
Quote Print Post  
Terry & Chris-

You guys are in 9th place in the overall standings and running away with the Rookie Angler of the Year race....what's next Disneyland?  Great job fellas!

Bob

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo