Normal Topic Somewhere on the Columbia (Read 3113 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

Somewhere on the Columbia
06/24/05 at 22:10:06
Quote Print Post  
Do not, and I repeat, do not fish anywhere on the Columbia River from Wenatchee to Tri-Cities.  It is a huge waste of your time and you will be very disappointed.  There are HUGE rocks and reefs everywhere and is very dangerous to navigate.  Changing water conditions and floating debris make it virtually impossible to fish, and to hold your bass rig on those pesky gravel flats, errr, I mean ROCKY REEFS.  The fish you do muster are small and fight like my puny little sister used too when I scared her with my pet garter snake.  With the high price of gas and such, you 206'ers just stay on that side of the mountains.  It is much better fishing at places like Sammamish, Washington, and Riffe.  It really blows fishing in this area.  I will be surprised to see any of you fish this area, as you are sure to crack up your rig.  Thought you would enjoy the report.

Kirk

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Re: Somewhere on the Columbia
Reply #1 - 06/24/05 at 22:15:47
Quote Print Post  
Does everyone see "the forest through the trees"?  Thanks for the report, GOTFIVE Grin  Glad you found a "HONEYHOLE" on the Columbia.

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/24/05 at 22:29:05
Quote Print Post  
Not sure what you are alluding too, but I am offended by the tone that I would mis-lead or provide mis-information to my fellow anglers in the club.   Shocked Shocked
kh

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/24/05 at 23:28:29
Quote Print Post  
I've been waiting for a report from the eastside.  Might have to wait a little longer for a trip to Vantage then.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/25/05 at 05:47:40
Quote Print Post  
Kirk - like that is different from any other info you have ever given!!!  Grin

Ahhh HAHAHAHA!

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/18/05 at 04:31:36
Quote Print Post  
Strange, I was just talking to a fellow this weekend a fellow this weekend at the potholes fed. qualafier and word was that there was a 26# sack taken at their last tourney..... Roll Eyes something to keep in mind for next years tourney schedule. Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo