Normal Topic Reel Magic (Read 1554 times)
Rich
Ex Member

Reel Magic
05/28/05 at 00:31:42
Quote Print Post  
Is there a difference between Reel Magic and some of the other silicon sprays available?

If so what should you look out for when using the other sprays on your line and reels?

Rich

IP Logged

RobAllen
Ex Member

Re: Reel Magic
Reply #1 - 05/28/05 at 02:00:15
Quote Print Post  
I don't know about differences between reel magic and other products  but i do know that reel magic is great stuff!!!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/28/05 at 15:30:06
Quote Print Post  
Rich....I stopped using reel magic in the summer because when the rod sits on the deck on a hot day it seems to nreak down the line.....at least I think so with no scientific proof but I have had marked weakening and 50% more line breaks in the hot summer days when using it -Vs- when not using it.

my 0.2

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/28/05 at 16:15:06
Quote Print Post  
Is Reel Magic that stuff I see Bill Dance spraying on his reel every once in a while?  What's the purpose of it anyway?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/28/05 at 16:44:04
Quote Print Post  
It is supposed to lubricate and condition your line for better castability.....snoother through the guides.

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/30/05 at 02:56:17
Quote Print Post  
It also takes the stiffness and kinks out of your line temporarily.  Contrary to Mr. Sullivan, over the years that I've used it, I have not noticed any ill effects on the line.

Smitty
Wink

Nanner Nanner

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo