Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Prepare to dig deeper in your pocket!!! (Read 5230 times)
RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Prepare to dig deeper in your pocket!!!
Reply #15 - 05/25/05 at 04:20:46
Quote Print Post  
I have a Coast Guard Auxillary buddy that said he would be interested in speaking with us about this issue as well as other safety issues that are being discussed about homeland security on the waters we fish.
Russ

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #16 - 05/25/05 at 19:09:41
Quote Print Post  
The rest of the article continues...

"Some people fear this (test) is going to be onerous, and that is just not the case," Campbell said. "It is just a basic understanding of boating. The test has 75 questions and if you can answer 75 percent of them then you pass."

Those who have completed the class or passed the test online would only need to show their certificate and a $10 fee to receive their lifetime card under the proposed bill.

Washington has now become the 37th state to pass such a law. For more details on the new law, go to www.wambe.org."

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 05/25/05 at 20:53:54
Quote Print Post  
Thas right!  Just $10.00 to pass a test that allows you to run a boat in the state for the rest of your life.  How many of you really believe that such a test is going to do anything positive to ensure safe boating?  The results of this $10.00 test will be negligible, while over the course of time, the fee will continue to rise.
This is just another thinnly veiled excuse to raise money for a state government system that continues to waste & squander it!  Remember all the things that were going to be done with our increased fishing license money?  Remember the improvements to the warmwater fisheries program that were going to happen? 
What have we got now?  A suspension of the angling for LM bass at  Banks with the suggestion that the state might place a no wake zone bouy at the entrance to several areas and bays.  Very recently an idea has surfaced that the state will impose this no wake zone over the entire area north and west of 1st line of dunes in the Potholes Reservoir, and throughout the Lind Coulee arm.  Did the state happen to mention any effort to provide extra enforcement in these areas?
Currently there is a large effort underway at the Potholes to provide for stucture enhancement for the LM Bass poulation.  That noteworthy project was under taken by the Meeseburg family.  It appears to have quite a bit of merit and just makes good sense to anyone who has researched it.  The last time I checked, the Meeseburgs didn't have the power to levy fees or taxes upon the general boating or fishing public.
Thats my rant, and I'll continue to voice it! Shocked

Smitty
Wink

Damn right I'm mad about this!

Nanner Nanner

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 05/25/05 at 21:26:26
Quote Print Post  
Bouy lines at the dunes and Lind Coulee.....that would be the biggest punch in the face to a bass angler in this state.

Yeah!!! That's how we better a fishery....make it harder for anglers to catch them!   Angry

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 05/26/05 at 23:37:30
Quote Print Post  
Call your insurance company and ask them how much you will save by being licensed. I saved $150 a year by having a captains license. If your company offers discounts for licenses, which they should, you will save more by passing the dang thing.

Just be glad that they are not requiring a six pac license. Thats harder then heck to pass.

Mike

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo