Normal Topic BATTERY PROBLEMS ON POTHOLES (Read 3226 times)
EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

BATTERY PROBLEMS ON POTHOLES
05/18/05 at 02:38:04
Quote Print Post  
Guys and Gals,
  Anyone heard about the "BATTERY JINX" on the "Holes"?  I heard a rumor that one of our club members SHOT A HOLE THROUGH THE DECK OF HIS BOAT AND BLEW A HOLE IN HIS CRANKING BATTERY with a 22 pistol.  FYI, a club wide "cranking battery inspection" will be implemented on Friday night and it will start with Phils boat!!!!!!!! Grin  Dude, I couldn't resist!  That was the funniest story I'd ever heard!  You ROCK!!!!!!  Please, let me know where you're fishing this weekend so I can be out of 22 range!!!!!! Grin

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Re: BATTERY PROBLEMS ON POTHOLES
Reply #1 - 05/18/05 at 15:45:47
Quote Print Post  
I want to know what he is fishing for that he needs a GUN?

Rich

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/18/05 at 15:53:19
Quote Print Post  
I saw it that was a 50# trophy! Nice head shot. Grin

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #3 - 05/19/05 at 03:58:41
Quote Print Post  
Rich,
  You should have seen it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perfect shot, right between the filler caps.  I'm calling him in for "cruelty to the crankin' battery patrol"!!!!   Grin

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/19/05 at 05:00:16
Quote Print Post  
Sounds like a little hunter ed is needed!!! Glad nobody got hurt.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/19/05 at 15:55:56
Quote Print Post  
A friend of mine was out in the tules in Eastern Wash. hunting deer.  He got back in his rig and of course he slid his rifle in with the barrel pointed down.  Unfortunately he hadn't unloaded it.  It went off and shot through the floorboards and hit the flywheel.  busted it.  He had to walk out several miles to get a ride into town and have a towtruck go get his rig.  Pretty expensive trip.

Rich

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/30/05 at 03:44:07
Quote Print Post  
When I taught High School in Gold Beach Oregon, one of the football coaches decided to take up bow hunting for deer.  The first time he went out in the woods, he parked his truck and began walking down the gravel road trying to decide where he wanted to turn off into the woods.  As he looked back at his truck, what should be standing in front of it?  Yep, a beautiful buck.  He loaded his arrow, drew back, and let fly.  But the deer was a second too fast for him.  The arrow went through the radiator and into his aluminum engine block.  It was hours before he made it back to a road with traffic.  Unfortunately the truck weighed too much to mount on the wall!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo