Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Medium to small bass lakes in Central WA (Read 5970 times)
StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Medium to small bass lakes in Central WA
05/10/05 at 05:49:39
Quote Print Post  
Folks,

I told a friend at work that I would check for your recommendations on good bass fishing lakes in Central Washington for someone who lives between Moses Lake and Ephrata (about a mile or 2 just east of Rocky Ford Creek.) I'll give them Banks, Potholes and Roosevelt, but they have a pretty small boat, so if you have any good medium to small lakes in that area, I'd appreciate it.

The guy used to fish for bass in another part of the country, but has been on slimers for several years in this area.

Thanks!
Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Medium to small bass lakes in Central WA
Reply #1 - 05/10/05 at 14:09:13
Quote Print Post  
You have the seep lakes south of the main reservior at Potholes that is perfect for small boats and they have good bass fishing in them.

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/10/05 at 15:45:14
Quote Print Post  
There are the Quincy Lakes out in that area. Not to far from Ephrata.
« Last Edit: 05/10/05 at 22:57:28 by »  

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/10/05 at 17:33:06
Quote Print Post  
Yeah I heard Evergreen is good.

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/10/05 at 18:22:56
Quote Print Post  
There is a good article in the current edition of Fishing & Hunting News that talks about a lot of Central WA. small fishing lakes.  Look for a picture of Marc Marcantonio on the cover. Grin

Smitty
Smiley

Nanner Nanner

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #5 - 05/11/05 at 02:51:34
Quote Print Post  
Thanks, guys!

Stu

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/11/05 at 03:41:55
Quote Print Post  
Billy Clapp is a mini version of Banks and its just out of Moses Lake/Euphrata.

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/11/05 at 04:41:09
Quote Print Post  
Remember that Potholes has launches all around it...Job Corps Diike (not fancy), Crab Creek under the powerlines, and off M Street, up Lind Coulee. Folks also launch into Lind Coulee at a launch by the island, and also in the gravel pit on Medicare Beach, tho I'm not sure how the road gets down there. So a small boat can work there. Come to think of it, so does Banks. Makes a big lake pretty managable...and would save gas $ for us.

Most the small waters around Potholes are good, and fun to explore. Some may be best with 4x4. On the way up to Banks, Alkali Lake has LM, probably Blue and Park also. Hard to say on those two, as the DF&W used to like to poison them, but I don't think they do anymore.  Chris might know.

Right outside Electric City to the West is Little Lake Osborne. That's the water to the So. of the road. There's two places where folks launch on it, neither good, but ok with 4x4. It's good in Spring, but maybe not so good later. There's a culvert or two under the road, so these are Banks fish and water.  There's also a nice little seep lake SE of Coulee Playland, tho I don't know that it has bass.  Dave Altier (at Coulee Playland store) would probably know.  I don't recall exactly how to get there, but it's a decent dirt/gravel road down into a sort of bowl, much like the one across the road from Mardon's. I went to Billy Clapp once...wasn't impressed. Evergreen would be a good place to go, has Smallies.  Grin  
C&R, Steve
« Last Edit: 05/13/05 at 00:45:49 by »  

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/11/05 at 20:48:45
Quote Print Post  
A good smaller water, perhaps the BEST overall in the state for it's size is Scootney Reservoir, 10 miles south of Othello.  If you want to catch a LM, SM, Walley, Crappie, Perch this is THE place to go.  Lots of current, great structure and it does fit a smaller rig better than most. 

KH

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #9 - 05/12/05 at 02:28:33
Quote Print Post  
Thanks, again guys. Your advice is much appreciated.

Stu

IP Logged

HOPSING
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/12/05 at 22:26:10
Quote Print Post  
I personally like Soda Lake - Small lake lots of fish in many varieties - Lg mouth, Small Mouth, walleye, perch, crappie catfish and slimmers.

Just my 2 cents

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/13/05 at 01:21:06
Quote Print Post  
Soda is good and my first smallies cam there off crankbaits in the rip rap. Good view of stars at night too.

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/13/05 at 01:27:56
Quote Print Post  
Grew up on the hill next to Scootenay, can highly recommend it but you do have to watch for rocks.  If you want to run on it at all, be very careful.

BillB

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo