Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Lake Tapps (Read 6173 times)
champ206
Forum Member

Re: Lake Tapps
Reply #15 - 06/27/05 at 18:52:01
Quote Print Post  
If you go to the Allen York Boaat Lunche(south end) and are there before 8am on the weekends you pay nothing(no one there). After 8am I beleive they get $12.00. During the week I do not think they charge..
There are no fish in Lake Tapps..................

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 07/09/05 at 05:17:23
Quote Print Post  
They're there during the week after work also John.

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 07/18/05 at 06:26:24
Quote Print Post  
The Bonney Lake City launch on Tapps used to be free (enough) if you got there before the collectors showed up. Before dawn was usually good enough. Can't say that it's still that way. They wanted $10 about 10 years ago. The problem is parking at the Bonney Lake launch, and that the Pierce County Park launch isn't open until rather late in the AM (8?). Might be possible to negotiate with the Park Manager, tho. I fished a T there. On a sunny day, it was tough fishing. I like the lake early or late, tho.
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

jwalzer
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 07/25/05 at 21:38:55
Quote Print Post  
Went out to Tapps Saturday to try my luck against the ski boats and jet skis.  I tried in the morning next to all the stumps that I could find for largemouth.  We had a bite or two, but didn't land anything.  Went back up near the launch later in the afternoon, and found a shore where we just couldn't keep the smallmouth off.  Most of them fell to drop-shot and were in the 1 to 1.5 pound range.  However, I did manage one that went around 2.5 pounds and another that went 3.5 to 4 pounds.  My girlfriend even landed a musky (little guy, about 1.5 feet long or so I guess).

All in all a pretty good day.  The smallmouth bite really couldn't be beaten; about 30 fish in all.  All the fish we're caught in about 8 to 12 feet of water and were released to be caught another day.

-jw

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 08/10/05 at 00:22:52
Quote Print Post  
Went to Tapps for the first time and landed fish right away.  Then only problem...they were all small.  My friend had a musky that I'm guessing was around 36" or so chase his crankbait twice.  The biggest fish of the day was around a pound.  The fog and chilly morning kept most of the water skiiers off for awhile which was nice.  Too bad we couldn't catch anything nice.

IP Logged

jwalzer
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 08/10/05 at 16:47:04
Quote Print Post  
I went out Sunday to Tapps.  While we caught our fair share of dinks, we did manage a couple that went over 2 pounds.  I know there are some good size smallies.  Had a pig hooked, but she dragged me under the boat and got off.  It seems like most of the fish were in about 8 to 10 feet of water.  We have had most of our success along the shore just down from the boat ramp at the city park.

-jw

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 08/25/05 at 06:50:15
Quote Print Post  
There is a city of Bonney Lk launch on the opposite end(south) but it's $12.00.
Mark

IP Logged

Justin
Forum Member

"I caught you a delicious
bass'

Reply #22 - 08/27/05 at 21:49:12
Quote Print Post  
Can someone point me to some good spots on Tapps I live 5mins away but it is such a huge lake. I have fished the park a few times over in back where the private picnic area is and only caught a nice musky that snapped the mono at the boat. Any good areas near the park accesable with a 12ft alum and electric motor?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo