Normal Topic Mercury Oil ?? (Read 2794 times)
Chris B
Ex Member

Mercury Oil ??
05/07/05 at 21:34:58
Quote Print Post  
Anyone know of any good stores, or dealers that carry Mercury Brand Oil??  I'm looking for 2 cycle "premium plus".  I have called Auburn sports, Oly boat centers, and a few others.  It seems like $22-gallon and $50+ for 2.5 gallons is the normal price.
I would like to buy it in bulk like out of a 55 gallon drum if possible to get a better deal.  On other fishing boards they are getting it $12 a gallon in bulk. 
Can anyone give me adivce to find the best deals locally, I live in Renton.   Thanks

Chris

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Re: Mercury Oil ??
Reply #1 - 05/08/05 at 00:50:50
Quote Print Post  
Last oil I bought was from Auburn S&M, in 2.5 gallon jugs that they filled out of a 55 gallon drum. They said it was TCW3.  Kinda thought they might still have some. I would also take Yamalube at a good price, tho. You might check with GI Joe's...I seem to recall seeing Merc oil at the one on Benson.  Or email Smitty about Amzoil. Good oil and gas is good insurance on your outboard, and a bad place to go cheap.

I saw your BassCat sticker...you got one? Great choice! Where? New/used? It looks like Spokane Valley Marine doesn't carry them anymore. Also looks like Travel Land is OOB? Well, there is a ray of sunshine.... C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/08/05 at 01:41:04
Quote Print Post  
I'm getting a Sabre, new with a 150 Carb (sorry Smitty).  The closest dealer is American Northwest Outdoors in Fruitland Idaho.  Jim Wells is the owner and he's a great guy.  I'm meeting him in Tri-Cities on the Columbia next Sunday for the delivery/test drive. Grin  You won't see me very far away from home with it though, don't want to burn up my lil truck.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/08/05 at 03:09:30
Quote Print Post  
Very nice boat, Chris! I am jealous...

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/08/05 at 04:04:06
Quote Print Post  
whoooo....hoooooooo Way to go Chris.....is it 18.5 Foot? cant remember how they name them.
Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/08/05 at 04:23:42
Quote Print Post  
Its an 18 foot.  Thanks guys, its been a dream of mine thats for sure.  Now I just need to learn how to fish  Tongue  Looks like you had a good day at Lake washington today Sarge, quite a few boats out there!  I'll post some pics when I get the boat. 
Larry, If you have any free time and are going fishing, we can take mine and you can show me some professional driving pointers  Smiley.  I will learn more during the break in I'm sure.  All I have done is pull skiiers.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/08/05 at 04:30:15
Quote Print Post  
Thanks, Chris! Terry and I, although we didn't cash a check, were really happy with our weight today. I didn't see you out there... Next time stop by the boat to chat. I'll post a report soon.

Chris

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/08/05 at 04:33:30
Quote Print Post  
How many slimers did Brian catch??  Sorry cheap shot  Cheesy

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/08/05 at 20:27:50
Quote Print Post  
Merc Premium Plus in 2.5 gal jug was $36.95  the last time I purchased it at Tacoma Marine down in the tide flats.  That was almost a year ago so you might call for the latest price.
The owner, Greg, is not only an exceptional mechainc but he is honest and takes a personal interest in every customer. FYI, be wary of stores selling oil from 55 gallon drums.  One store tried to sell me "Merc Premium Plus" out of one of those drums but when they tried handing me the first jug the oil was dark blue.  Turned out to be Merc Quicksilver. 

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo