Normal Topic Lake Tapps Muskies and Bass (Read 1438 times)
REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Lake Tapps Muskies and Bass
05/05/05 at 04:54:30
Quote Print Post  
Just heard some terrible news concerning bass and muskies in Lk Tapps.
Heard from a couple of home owners while I was fishing Tuesday evening about some bass fishermen that were cutting muskies throats when they were caught and throwing them back in. They were witnessed doing this by some home owners a few times last year and again this year. I told the person I spoke with to take a picture and call the police. These people need to be prosecuted the fullest extent of the law.
These fishermen were fishing out of a bass boat.
It's to bad that the narrow mindedness of some can ruin it for others.
If you know anything at all about this, please make an effort to put a stop to it and maybe educate the people as to the great sport fish muskies are.
These same type of folks would cut the bass's throats if they thought they were hurting the salmon.
As fishermen, we "all" need to stick together or warmwater fishing will cease to exist as we know it. If we're all going to be against each other we will never have a strong voice in this state.
Sure muskies will eat bass but only the small ones and they'll certainly eat the over abundant carp in Lk Tapps first before swimming half way around the lake looking for a bass.
I get very upset each spring when I see the many meat fishermen out with dead bass on their stringers within the slot limit. They don't know and some don't care. This type of person hurts us all and the very future of our sport.
Just had to post something on this. Hope some of you feel the same.
Please put the word out.
Thanx, Mark Wells

I just copied this post from Musky Hunter website. As you can see, muskies coexist very well with bass and walleyes.

esoxcpr
Charter Member
278 posts 05-04-05, 05:35 PM (CST)

10. "RE: Muskie Lakes with Campgrounds?"
In response to message #9

Try Razorback Lake in Vilas Co. Great state campground there. Ultra clear water on the 362 acre lake. Much undevelopoed shoreline. It's classified A-1 which is trophy water with low density. Fish the deep grass beds in 20+ feet of water. Also has great walleye and smallie fishing.
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it's not fish they are after" - Henry David Thoreau

« Last Edit: 05/05/05 at 06:44:37 by »  

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Lake Tapps Muskies and Bass
Reply #1 - 05/05/05 at 05:04:01
Quote Print Post  
Yeah could you imagine if the walleye anglers slit the throats on the smallies they caught!! Or if we slit the walleye we caught. Or the trout Walker caught!! There would be no more trout.

Good post Mark and I hope this stops somehow. The muskie don't breed and killing them hurts the effort the state puts into stocking them. Plus it is illegal...I would get boat serial numbers if possible and report it to Fish and Game.

IP Logged

steve_lewis
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/05/05 at 20:56:37
Quote Print Post  
I fish lake Tapps at least once a week after work or on the weekends.  I will keep an eye out and write down any serial numbers of any fihermen I see doing any of that.  I enjoy fishing for both bass and tigers.   
Where were the homeowners located that reported this?

Steve Lewis

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/05/05 at 22:32:55
Quote Print Post  
Man that absolutly ticks me off  Angry what the heck are these guy's thinking!? I sure hope these people get caught soon.

Carlos

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo