Normal Topic spanaway (Read 1779 times)
Chad S.
Ex Member

spanaway
04/28/05 at 20:17:12
Quote Print Post  
fished lake spanaway last night from 16:30-20:00. caught 3 smallmouth on plastics. they were 4.33, 3.75, and 3.25. i guess the water temp is 63 from what i was told, but i dont have a thermometer. fish are in 3-6 feet of water, and i'll leave it at that.
cs

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Re: spanaway
Reply #1 - 04/30/05 at 03:05:19
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the report.  I've been meaning to try spanaway.  Looks like a nice little lake.

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/30/05 at 04:17:42
Quote Print Post  
I've only been to Spanaway once, been meaning to go back.  63 degree's, how the hecK?  I'd question that.  Good job catchin them smallies.

Chris

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/30/05 at 21:31:38
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
I've only been to Spanaway once, been meaning to go back.  63 degree's, how the hecK?  I'd question that.  
Chris

Actually I shouldnt say that since I have only been to the lake once.  It was really weedy when I was there.  Is Spanaway a shallow lake, or is there good deep drop offs?  I figured it was an average deep type of lake.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/01/05 at 00:48:59
Quote Print Post  
Spanaway is only 32' deep, right out in front of the boat launch.  Otherwise it is pretty much only about 25' deep with mostly sloping  bottom.  But it does have some nice areas.  Logs, pads, docks and weed lines.

It is a decent lake but can get very chewed up with skiers and PWC's on the nice days.

Rich

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo