Normal Topic SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT (Read 2524 times)
basswhacker
Ex Member

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
04/26/05 at 21:15:09
Quote Print Post  
Greetings fellow club members! Many of you know me, even more know of me, and even more of you are wondering who is this guy? Well, for those of you in the last two catagories, my name is Bob Brownlee. I'm an ASE Certified auto and truck mechanic with 15 years experience in import and domestic repair and service.  I have recently found myself in a position to start my own mobile repair service. Although not really prepaired for such a business venture, I thought I would give a go and see how things go.

That's where you all come in! As I mentioned before, my repair service is mobile! Meanning I come to you! In doing so, I am able to offer my services at a much lower rate than a shop, as my overhead is much lower! I'm proficient in most areas of repair from something as simple as changing a lite bulb to the complexities of rebuilding engines. About the only things I don't do are body work, and emmisions; I'm not state certified. Other than that, I'm up for almost anything!!

The name of my new business is:
Dr. Bob's Mobile Auto Clinic

The number to call is:253-931-0395

Please, if any of you need some work done on a vehicle, or know someone who does, pass on the word and or the number. I may be the hinging point on wheather I will be able to fish tournies this year, let alone eat!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I'm looking forward working for you, and fishing with you too!!

Your friend and fellow club member,
     Dr. Bob Cheesy

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Reply #1 - 04/26/05 at 21:30:55
Quote Print Post  
I'm sure there is a club discount..... Grin

IP Logged

basswhacker
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/27/05 at 01:15:36
Quote Print Post  
I think You'll all find the very affordable rate of $52.50/hr, for experienced, certified,automotive expertise quite a supprise, when the average shop labor rate in the area is about $95.00/hr. and you still have to get your car there.   However, at this stage of the game, I may concider special rates.

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/27/05 at 03:11:48
Quote Print Post  
I had Dr. Bob do some work on the GMC 4X4, and it  ran like a champ.  Grin 

However, Bob, you're gonna find that the Fed. Govt. and State of WA do NOT want you to be in biz for yourself. 
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

BassingWoman
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/27/05 at 03:39:55
Quote Print Post  
"you're gonna find that the Fed. Govt. and State of WA do NOT want you to be in biz for yourself " - why not - duh.....?

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/27/05 at 03:54:21
Quote Print Post  
I'm sure he has a WA state business license and turns in his taxes. They just want their cut that's all.

IP Logged

basswhacker
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/28/05 at 01:27:48
Quote Print Post  
Oh yes, the govenor wants his piece of the pie, and to keep out of trouble i did get a license and am all legal and all. And no government dept. want's people to be independant. But I don't care what they want, I'm tired of making someone elses payments at my expence. If I'm going to bust my hump, I want the biggest piece of pie I can get my hands on!! Grin

So, any takers?  I can't believe there isn't someone out there who needs something fixed ???

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/28/05 at 02:20:42
Quote Print Post  
I'm a mechanic myself.  I wish you the best of luck, your rates are good.  I think the shop rate at our Ford Dealer is $87 an hour, not to mention parts prices +++, $8 for a can of brake wash etc.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/28/05 at 02:32:56
Quote Print Post  
What got my goat  Shocked is that the Feds want quarterly income taxes paid before you make a dime. Then, April 15, you'll probably owe more, if you're lucky. And April 30, the State wants their property taxes, and the Feds want another quarter of income tax. It's just too much all at once. I will admit, that it's easy to make a small fortune in business for yourself, but you'd better start with a large fortune.
C&R, Steve

PS: Wait until the WA EPA wants their special fees and wants you to attend classes.....

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo