Normal Topic Potholes Open (Read 981 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

Potholes Open
04/19/05 at 15:39:51
Quote Print Post  
Well, to say that the annual Potholes Open was uneventful of rmy partner and I would be the understatement of the world.  Whatever could go wrong, did go wrong.  I had a major battery malfunciton that completly took us out of the competition on Saturday, and too make matters even worse, could not get on anything.  The entire event turned out very bad.  Fortunately the company was good, and I would like to publicaly thank Jim Ruman and Mike Wolsky for the short tow on Saturday.  I owe you a grog for sure.  Needless to say, I know some club members faired far better than our boat, Marks Wells boat, Russ Bakers, etc., all caught solid limits.  The weather was not ideal, but fish were caught.  The reservoirs looks good, but hope for warmer weather to activate all the fish by our club event in May.  Did manage a 4.5 lb smallie in practice and a nice largie in the same range as well.  The reservoir promises to be in great shape for the May event. 

Kirk

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Potholes Open
Reply #1 - 04/19/05 at 23:09:40
Quote Print Post  
Kirk,

I felt really bad for you guys. Cry Cry I know you did your best with the situation at hand and hope that at the club event everything goes well for you. It was a good time at this event with all the good friends from WBC that were there. Looking forward to next year allready. 8) Smiley
Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo