Normal Topic gps/sonar (Read 1767 times)
grubber
Ex Member

gps/sonar
04/18/05 at 07:41:52
Quote Print Post  
i was wondering if any of you have tried the lowrance lms 332c or lms 337. iv'e kinda narrowed my search down to these models. any comments....good, or bad?

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: gps/sonar
Reply #1 - 04/18/05 at 16:43:43
Quote Print Post  
I heard they are good and was looking into them myself. I think the difference between the two are single and dual frequencies.

IP Logged

grubber
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/19/05 at 00:19:55
Quote Print Post  
yeah, the 337 has the dual frequency transducer. i think it also has a wider cone angle too.  i'm not sure but i think it might have 4000 watts peak to peak? i know the 332c has 2400.

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/19/05 at 02:36:19
Quote Print Post  
Put your money on the higher peak to peak watts, the more you have, the better the return.  As far as the dual frequencys, you will pay a little more because one works better in salt water than the other. "It's more dense." "From my understanding."  My 2 cents.   Brian (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/19/05 at 05:31:46
Quote Print Post  
Wider cone angle is a two edged sword. Great for shallow water, but also remember that what you see on the screen is the average of what's inside that cone, nothing more.  Covering more area would make this potentially even less representative of the real deal.  Undecided 
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo