Normal Topic Collection at the April Meeting (Read 1275 times)
Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Collection at the April Meeting
04/08/05 at 03:00:54
Quote Print Post  
I wanted to let everyone know that I will be taking up a collection at the April meeting on behalf of the Logan James Shaffer Memorial Fund.  This is an opportunity to donate money to the Childrens Hospital fund in Logan's name.  This is strictly a voluntary donation in which all funds collected will be given to the memorial fund.  If funds collected are over $500, a plaque with Logan's name will be placed at the hospital.  I have included the information Glenn had posted in the member's only section so anyone can contact the hospital if they have any questions.  You can also contact Glenn or the Shaffers about the fund.

Here's the contact information if you wish to contribute to the Logan Shaffer Memorial Fund:

By phone (credit card):  206.987.4844 - ask for Debbie Deissler  

By Mail:
PO Box 50020  S-200
Seattle, WA 98145-5020

Please indicate on the check this is for the Logan Shaffer Memorial Fund.

I will give an update once all the donations are collected and delivered to the hospital.

Thanks,   doug
« Last Edit: 04/10/05 at 20:27:11 by »  

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Re: Collection at the April Meeting
Reply #1 - 04/12/05 at 05:43:51
Quote Print Post  
Thank you all for your prayers and donations, we are doing everything we can to insure that his name goes on the memorial wall. If we had the $500 dollars we would just make the donation and be done with it. but we don't and we are greatful for people like Doug and his family for passing the hat around.

Thank you again

And remember this is a tax deductable donation, you will get a recipt from Childrens Hospital

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/22/05 at 19:42:19
Quote Print Post  
I am excited to announce that even though attendance at last night's meeting was lower than usually, the club donated a total of $250 toward the Logan James Shaffer Memorial Fund.  Included in that was a very generous $100 donation by someone.  Thank you all very much.

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/28/05 at 05:06:35
Quote Print Post  
Thank you for all of your donations.

We found out that your donations have put us over the $500 mark and his name will be going up in June some time.

This really means alot to us and we really appreciate it.

Thank you

Jim, Sherry and Angel Logan

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo