Normal Topic Horse power restrictions? (Read 1794 times)
Mike_W
Ex Member

Horse power restrictions?
04/05/05 at 02:01:26
Quote Print Post  
I have been talking to a few boat dealers about new motors. A guy in California told me that it was illegal to run a motor bigger then 250 hp in a B.A.S.S. event. Does that mean that in the federation tournaments that people fish here in Wa. a 300hp would be out?

Any other tournys not allow big motors? I plan on starting to fish bigger tournys in the next year and would hate to limited. The more I think about it you hardly ever see motors bigger then 225. Why do ya'll think that is?

Mike

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Horse power restrictions?
Reply #1 - 04/05/05 at 02:18:14
Quote Print Post  
Mike...the jamborree...a federation event...although unsanctioned allowed 300's as demo units a couple years ago but otherwise.....? sorry.

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/05/05 at 03:57:43
Quote Print Post  
All FLW outdoor events restrict you to a 250hp motor as well.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/05/05 at 05:17:11
Quote Print Post  
Hey Mike,

I can't speak to the BASS rules for horsepower limitations, but I believe the reason you don't see many boats with engines over 225 is cost.

Once you get into boats 20' and above and engines 250 and above, the engine blocks are different and more expensive.

Chris

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/06/05 at 02:39:01
Quote Print Post  
So does anyone know if there are motor restrictions for ABA or Northwest?

I am most worried about "opens". I guess that I have to research every clubs rules to see if any clubs resrict.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/06/05 at 02:42:15
Quote Print Post  
I've read through the NW Bass rules and didn't see any HP restrictions.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo