Normal Topic Tackle, lures from Garage Sales, Swap Meets? (Read 1512 times)
StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Tackle, lures from Garage Sales, Swap Meets?
03/30/05 at 06:50:38
Quote Print Post  
Has anyone had good luck picking up any decent baits, lures, rod, reels, etc from either garage sales or swap meets (besides the club's)?

I am thinking about making a little bit of a hobby of trying to find some good deals where people don't know what they have or someone quit fishing, etc. or are just getting rid of all their fishing stuff - or if people actually have some decent stuff at swap meets.

In the few garage sales I have stopped at so far, I have seen some salt water gear and trout stuff, but any advice on targeting bass gear and lures?

Areas, types of sales, ads, locations, etc?

Thanks,
Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

TeamEagle
Ex Member

Re: Tackle, lures from Garage Sales, Swap Meets?
Reply #1 - 03/30/05 at 16:33:26
Quote Print Post  
Yeah, I've found allot of good deals at the Midway swap meet. And I heard that the swap meet in Lakewood was a good spot as well.

Carlos

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #2 - 03/31/05 at 05:18:23
Quote Print Post  
Thanks, Carlos. I think I'm going to drop by both of them once the season heats up.

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/31/05 at 06:36:05
Quote Print Post  
Stu...I'd suggest garage sales in Alabama or Texico ("Baja Oklahoma", as the late Dick McElhinney used to call it). Actually, a buddy bought a Shimano baitcaster and a pistol grip rod at a garage sale. What he didn't notice, was that the tip guide was not the tip guide, so it was kinda short. Look for stuff like that.  Undecided 
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo