Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) newbie (Read 3873 times)
grubber
Ex Member

03/16/05 at 01:27:35
Quote Print Post  
hello, i've been looking in on this site for about a week now and thought i would chime in. i just got a 1997 bass tracker proteam 17, 40 horse mariner. and was wondering what all you other aluminun owners use for keeping it looking sharp. i've been out in it five times now, and am loving it. been looking at alot of clubs, and wbc looks like it may be the one for me. i will probly make it to the meeting this thursday to join so i can start climbing my way up in the points  Wink

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: newbie
Reply #1 - 03/16/05 at 02:21:02
Quote Print Post  
Well you have picked a great club to look in on. I haven't heard of anyone being disappointed with the great group of members we have. There are some good sticks in this club and your learing curve can really skyrocket. We hope to see you at the next meeting. Congrats on the new boat.

IP Logged

BassingWoman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/16/05 at 02:59:46
Quote Print Post  
Hello Grubber! Welcome to the boards. I'm BassingWoman. I hope you make it to the meeting. This IS A WONDERFUL GROUP of people. I am a member as of Jan and like these people a lot already!
    We look forward to seeing you Thursday in person!
B.W.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/21/05 at 04:33:46
Quote Print Post  
I am a fellow alumatubber.  I think the best way to shine up your aluminium is with a buffer and metal polish.   I'm afraid to take off the oxidation from mine 'cuz it might be the only thing holding it together.  I have a 95 ProTeam 18 with a 75 merc.  HOpe to see you at the meeting.

IP Logged

grubber
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/21/05 at 05:17:22
Quote Print Post  
actually, i was looking more for some product reveiws from other poeple who have used them.  thanks for the reply though.

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/22/05 at 03:07:53
Quote Print Post  
Hey Grubber, Welcome to the madhouse!! Wink When I had my tracker, the best stuff I've found is a product by Eagle-1 called nevr-dull. Good stuff. Brian (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

grubber
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/22/05 at 06:31:55
Quote Print Post  
excellent, i don't know why i didn't think of that... seeings how i use tons of it on my harley. thanks!

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/24/05 at 05:01:14
Quote Print Post  
Hmmm... I got my aluminum boat so I didn't have to worry about keeping it looking sharp!  I beat it, abuse it, and put it away as is!  Shucks, if I wanted to be Mr Clean, I'd get a fiberglass.  But I prefer that "well used" comfortable look!  Every oil stain or algie ring adds 'character'!  I figure if it's too shiny, the sun's reflection will scare the fish!  Oh, yeh, I save money by not using expensive cleaners... and I'm not adding cleaning chemicals to the environment!  It allows me to spend more time with my lovely wife!  Besides, scrubbing with your fingers reduces the sensitivity of my finger tips when sensing a bite on the line!  Well, that's my story... and I'm stickin to it!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 03/24/05 at 05:19:57
Quote Print Post  
A nice coat of tarnish makes a great protectant!
Tongue
Keeps ya from going blind from the glare of a polished tin boat too!! Grin Grin

IP Logged

grubber
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/24/05 at 05:22:11
Quote Print Post  
right on rev.  8)

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 03/24/05 at 15:56:18
Quote Print Post  
One of the things to do when salmon fishing out of Tacoma was to hang around the boathouse till you saw an old guy in a beatup 14' livingston with the seagull sitting on the bow heading out.  Then you followed him.  Figuring he was there to fish and not just to be the fancy dan of the water.

Rich

IP Logged

grubber
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 03/25/05 at 00:09:30
Quote Print Post  
rich, i've been doing that for years. Grin. don't get me wrong guys, i fish hard. it's just that i've been wanting a nice bass boat for a few years now, and now that i got it, it's my pride and joy. just don't want it to turn into a pile right away... you see. kinda like when you get a nice new truck, you don't take it to a cheerleader fund raiser car wash, to get it scrubbed with a sponge that is dropped in the gravel  Shocked.  i will get over it in a while.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #12 - 03/25/05 at 02:17:18
Quote Print Post  
Hey Grubber,
  To Brians point, NEVERDULL is awesome stuff.  It will look better than new!  To "The Revs'" point, you will need alot more motivation than most people can muster.  I did a 6x10 trailer several years ago, finally finished the drivers side, needless to say, never did do the passengers side but anyone on the drivers side thought I was a neat freak, on the passenger side, just another trailer going down the road.  Going to a carwash, keep the "cute ones" on the drivers side and you'll be good to go! Grin
  Your "pride and joy", no matter how dull it looks, will always look better with a limit in the livewell.  Keep your priorities in order my man.  Time polishing is time not figuring out those little brown and green critters we've all learned to love when they're biting and hate when they're not.  BTW, first bad rainstorm when trailering the boat, get the polish back out, cuz' the perfect shine doesn't last very long.  Good luck with the fishing, skip the polishing.  HE HAS SPOKEN!!!! Grin

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 03/25/05 at 06:14:03
Quote Print Post  
hmmmmmmmm.......Cheerleader fundraiser......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

IP Logged

grubber
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 03/25/05 at 06:16:03
Quote Print Post  
Grin

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo