Normal Topic New guy looking... (Read 2161 times)
5basslimit
Ex Member

New guy looking...
02/17/05 at 04:20:53
Quote Print Post  
Hello,

I am looking for a a couple of things...  1) A Club to join.  and 2) a used bass boat to buy!  Need some advice on both.  I am BASS Member, and have fished BFL and Everstart.  I am mainly looking for some cool guys to fish with and some help in learning these waters.
I don't mind back seat fishing in tournaments, especially in a team format.

Regards,
Bryan

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Re: New guy looking...
Reply #1 - 02/17/05 at 04:55:54
Quote Print Post  
Well Bryan,
You came to the right club to join. Tons of good guys to fish with. My suggestion would be to show up at the Silver Lake fish-in and meet all the guys, if you can't make it to the club meeting tommorow. Great people and great fishermen in this club.

IP Logged

BassingWoman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/17/05 at 04:58:16
Quote Print Post  
Hello, I can agree with Nick's post....I just joined in January. I fished on Lk. Washington for my 1st time ever - WOW - it was GREAT!!!!
      Can you come to our meeting tomorrow night - in Renton..........YOU WON"T BE SORRY!!!!!

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #3 - 02/17/05 at 05:04:13
Quote Print Post  
Hey Bryan,
  Answer to first problem you have.  Western Bass Club is THE CLUB in Washington.  I am a 9 year member and have no reason to go anywhere else.  The tournaments are inexpensive and a real hoot.  Hope to see you at the meeting tomorrow night.
  Second issue, A BOAT!  First of all, as you will learn, opinions vary!!!!!  I have bought several boats through the years from Nixons Marine in Walla Walla.  Jeff Priester, the owner has always been fair and honest with me.  Again, opinions vary!  A couple of other options wouls be Anglers Marine in South Tacoma or All Marine in Nisqually.  Buying boats up here in the NW isn't like down south or back east.  Not many to choose from and the ones available in the paper are more than likely a dissapointment waiting to happen.  Glad to hear from the "newest NG"  As far as the back seat fishin', if you're not from the NW, you're in for a real treat catching 4# + smallies in the middle of suburbia.  I go often and occasionally have room if my kids aren't with me.  Keep the word out, make as many fish-ins as you can and start the search for your boat and you WILL enjoy your spring. Grin
  FYI, you may get a few comments on your "5basslimit" as we already have a "gotfive" and he's a cranky old man.  Prepare! Grin

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

5basslimit
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/17/05 at 05:18:16
Quote Print Post  
Very enthusiastic responses indeed!  I like it.  I will try to make the meeting tomorrow night... but might not be able to.  The Fish-In sounds cool.  I am already spooling up my Calcuttas and Spirex's...    I checked out Nixons on Boat Trader.  Lost of used boats to look at.  A trip to Walla Walla probably would be worth it.  Thanks for the feedback all!  Bryan

PS - Going to Dale Hollow, TN in a few weeks for some smallies on a float n fly.

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #5 - 02/17/05 at 05:24:38
Quote Print Post  
5Bass,

If at all possble, please try to get to the meeting tomorrow.  I've posted some info on our speaker. I assure you it will be worth your time. Also, I have posted the directions at the end of this post.

Thanks,
Stu

"This month we are going to be treated to something really   special.  We will are going to be hearing from WBC’s own Larry Gonczy!  Larry will be giving us a narrated underwater tutorial of Lake Washington.  Larry will be showing us some never before seen footage with his Aqua-Vu camera that will blow you away.
   He is going to give us some really great tips and tactics on  how to catch more of those wily smallmouth bass.  He’s going   to be helping us interpret all of those funny looking shapes that seem to show up on our sonar graphs. If you are one of those fishermen who want to be able to find fish easier and understand all that structure below your boat, then you don’t want to miss Larry’s presentation this month.
   Here is just a sampling of some of the comments I’ve heard from various people who have heard some of Larry’s previous presentations over the years-
“That was the most unbelievable presentation I have ever heard”
“Each time I hear Larry speak, I make sure I bring a notepad, because I know I’m going to pick up some really valuable information to help me become a better bass fisherman”
“WOW!”

Larry also has his own website that you can check-out   sometime to learn more about what to expect at this months meeting... here it is: http://www.northwestfishingtutorials.com.
   Come and enjoy a real fun, exciting & educational night with Larry… you won’t regret it!
   I would also like to recognize Larry’s sponsors that have helped him become so successful as a professional speaker over the years:

G-Loomis            Auburn Sports & Marine
Aqua-Vu                  Gamakatsu
Rapala                  Kalin Baits
Lund Boats            Shimano"

General Membership Meeting
The Western Bass Club meets the third Thursday of each month to conduct business and socialize. Guests are always welcome!

We meet at 7:00pm at the Kennydale Community Hall - 2424 NE 27th St, Renton. A map is available on this website. 

http://www.westernbassclub.com/western-bass-map.htm

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/17/05 at 18:17:35
Quote Print Post  
Bryan I run a program through the club called the Ambassador Program. My job is to get new members aquainted with seasoned members. They can answer all the questions about the club and fishing in WA. I also run all the fish-ins you are hearing about. Get with me at the meeting if you are able to attend, and when you join (you will when you meet the great group) I'll set you up with an Ambassador.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/18/05 at 00:26:08
Quote Print Post  
Carefull, ex-pres....I am a complete sweetheart.  Welcome to the WBC one and all.  This is the club of choice if you want to have a good time and too learn.  No need to travel all the way to Dale Hollow to fish the float and fly...I believe that it works just fine on Silver Lake during the April tournament.... Roll Eyes

KH

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo