Normal Topic batteries (Read 1512 times)
topjimmy
Ex Member

batteries
02/14/05 at 22:27:10
Quote Print Post  
Has anyone  or know anybody that has used Optima batteries. Im putting a 36 volt system in and am wondering about the dry cell technology.I can get Trojan batteries though work but want to know more about these!

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Re: batteries
Reply #1 - 02/15/05 at 00:39:06
Quote Print Post  
All I can tell you is I installed three D31M blue top marine Optima's in my TR21 about 6 months ago.  I spend long hours using a three way rig that requires a lot of trolling mtr use. At the end of the day the power settings feel the same as when I started. They recharge much faster, are lighter and smaller. 
If you are going to keep the batteries a long time (in that boat or move them to a new boat) they are worth the extra money. I have a red top in my Jeep that is 8 years old and still going strong.
I was really tired of the hassle of topping off the battery water every month.  A TR21 with four batteries leaves very little room for access.
That's my 2 cents.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/15/05 at 02:24:34
Quote Print Post  
Jim I asked someone about them once and got a negative reply. I can't remember the details though. I know that doesn't help you any especially if Varmint had good success with them. I think it may have been Wolsky. Maybe whoever it was will read this and respond. Just trying to get you any info before you invest your hard earned money.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/15/05 at 05:16:30
Quote Print Post  
Trogan,Trogan
RB

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/15/05 at 05:38:38
Quote Print Post  
Jim, Russ mean Trojans not Trogans.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo