Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Headed to California in April (Read 4688 times)
marktfd88
Ex Member

Headed to California in April
01/05/05 at 15:37:46
Quote Print Post  
Trying to put together a trip to California in April.  From the 8th to17th....  Looking at Shasta, Clear lake or the Delta.  Anyone interested..... Give me a call...  206 719 6111.......

mark

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Headed to California in April
Reply #1 - 01/05/05 at 19:02:07
Quote Print Post  
Mark,

Wish i could, but to early, I can't go until June.
To many tournies in April.
Russ

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/05/05 at 20:17:49
Quote Print Post  
I think I'll be at Clear lake in mid-April(12th-17th) for the Stratos Owner's Regional Championship.

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/06/05 at 21:47:00
Quote Print Post  
I'm actually going down there that same week. I am definately fishing the Delta with my ole man. On the way up and down was thinking of hitting others. Mark, maybe we can stay in touch while we are there and hook up at a lake. We can follow each other down and up too if you would like.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/06/05 at 22:15:53
Quote Print Post  
Mark, let Rob lead cause if he gets stopped...nuff said.

Rich

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/06/05 at 23:19:22
Quote Print Post  
He's the fireman......a real hero. They take all the credit cause they don't arrest you or give tickets. They always help. I'm probably more likely to get one cause I should know better....That's probably what the CHP trooper would say.

I'm might get lucky cause I'm towing a Skeeter though!! Not a Cobra....hahaha

IP Logged

Harley
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/23/05 at 07:21:37
Quote Print Post  
Hey guy's I'm heading down to Clear Lake from April 7 th to 17th my cell is 425-765-7437 . Give me call if you get around the lake or have problems while in the area.  Hope all is well and BIG FISH to all.
Harley Grin Grin Grin 8)

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/23/05 at 21:49:33
Quote Print Post  
Sounds good. I'll call you and give you mine in case you need any assistance.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/04/05 at 14:24:04
Quote Print Post  
Ok,  Here's the big plan.  Headed out from Tacoma on Saturday the 9th at 7:30 am.  (Leaving straight from work)  Down to Clear Lake for 3 days fishing, will be doing some scouting for Larry S and Smitty for the Stratos tourney.  BTWG's,  if you win, I expect a cut of the cash!!!!  LOL Grin  Then on Wednesday, headed up I-5 for 3 more days at Shasta.  With the bite is right, 50 fish days are the order there.  Not alot of size, but 2 lb "spots"  sure put up a heck of a fight.

Mark

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/05/05 at 00:13:29
Quote Print Post  
Mark,

I wish I could hitch a ride with you. Have an absolute blast and be careful.
Russ

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/05/05 at 03:06:15
Quote Print Post  
And watch out for the deadly SENKBOW.  Right Russ?

Good luck and KICK SOME BASS.

Rich

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 04/05/05 at 03:56:36
Quote Print Post  
Rich,

You Nailed it on the head. Caution deadly disease on Lake Shasta-SENKBO Definition casting as fast as you can and as hard as you can while ripping sammys, jerk baits, and pop R's for Kentucky Spots.
Remedy- Don't throw so hard and so fast you rippppp your epichondral tendons apart.

Hit the first 1/4-1/2 mile of the Pit River arm, left side and you will find a big bay with Spots galore,

Russ

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/05/05 at 18:53:18
Quote Print Post  
I will be camped in the Sacramento Arm up by Lakebay.  Have a couple area's there that have really produced.  But then again just about everywhere on that lake can produce this time of year.

Mark

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 04/06/05 at 15:02:31
Quote Print Post  
I had a long talk on the phone with Scott Rameriez last night Mark.  He advised me that there is a very large number of submerged logs and deadheads floating around.  Be carefull!! Shocked Shocked  He should know.  He's already lost one Triton on that lake to a deadhead!  Tongue Larry & I will launch from Packers Bay on Sunday morning.

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo