Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) NO LARGEMOUTH...OH NO!! (Read 20544 times)
Nick
Ex Member

Re: NO LARGEMOUTH...OH NO!!
Reply #75 - 02/24/06 at 02:48:15
Quote Print Post  
Both good responses this is what I was hoping to get. Different opinions and different backgrounds. I always truely believed that we had no chance at getting any heavy support but was possibly trying to start an idea of trying to get as many people together as possible to start funding some other projects. Habitat is the big thing. I read that, I believe it's either Arkansas or Alabama, that they collect christmas trees and turn them into habitat. I do wonder if we need some kind of permit to do stuff like this. I also wonder what it would take to get one. From both of your statements we're on our own. We can always catch bass. With the ways things look here I may have to move to persue my dream. I don't want that because I like washington but you have to go where it's happening just like Dean Rojas said to future anglers trying to pursue a career as a bass fisherman. I most likely with the way things are looking moving to Texas in the next 5-10 years.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #76 - 02/24/06 at 03:08:09
Quote Print Post  
Crappie (crappy) clubs do the same thing. When I fished the lower Colorado between California and Arizona we pulled into a few bays full of Xmas trees. I am not sure what it would take to get a permit. I always thought about it too. You see the fishing shows where they show how to make fish structure and sink them, but I know you need a permit. All it takes is an email to WA fish and game enforcement dept. and they'll respond within a few days.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #77 - 02/24/06 at 04:21:53
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Plus from romors this ban has helped Bank Lake largemouth flourish I hear their every where in the bays now.

Of course, that has nothing to do with the thousands of volunteer hours worth of habitat restoration anglers labored over to help fix Banks Lake!

Funny how the WDFW comes in after all the hard work is done, initiates a horrible program backed by baseless claims, and proclaims, "Look how successful we are!"  It's no accident they chose Banks lake when they did.

Ya... a bunch of opportunistic vultures in Olympia feeding on the short memory of those who weren't involved with the restoration program.

Let's not forget WHO restored Banks, and WHO neglected it, and now WHO is trying to take credit for its success!

The warm water anglers of Washington state did a great thing for Banks, and now the WDFW is working hard and fast to destroy it, along with tournament angling to boot.  DON'T BE FOOLED!!

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #78 - 02/24/06 at 15:01:35
Quote Print Post  
It will probably be the same thing after Meseberg gets the fish structure placed into Potholes.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #79 - 02/24/06 at 15:53:27
Quote Print Post  
DANG!!! I gotta agree with you again Glenn.  You are definately fanning my flames on this subject!  BTW did ya find somdthing futher south yet?

Smitty
Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #80 - 02/24/06 at 19:52:20
Quote Print Post  
Kudos to you, Rob.  Now you see where I'm going with this.  Hope y'all see the "pattern" and do everything in your power to spread the word.

Smitty - yep, we finally found a vista in Auburn.  We're signing the papers today.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo