Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) NO LARGEMOUTH...OH NO!! (Read 20527 times)
SMITTY
Ex Member

Re: NO LARGEMOUTH...OH NO!!
Reply #60 - 03/15/05 at 20:21:57
Quote Print Post  
I went fishing on Samamish Saturday and did quite nicely. Smiley
Included in the catch was a very nice Smallie that will be in Fishing & Hunting News. Roll Eyes

Smitty
Smiley

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #61 - 03/16/05 at 04:54:09
Quote Print Post  
How bout a proposal......we go out and fish for largemouth...digitally photograph them and bring that to the Jamborree weigh ins......
Photos of Largemouth but zero Smallmouth!

IP Logged

DougV
Ex Member

Reply #62 - 03/16/05 at 19:47:56
Quote Print Post  
Hey Smitty, what did ya catch em on ? I was there saturday but didnt have as much success (zilch!)

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #63 - 03/16/05 at 21:32:59
Quote Print Post  
All of mine came in the afternoon after the sun came out.  I was swiming a salt & pepper grub on a darter head across the tops of the weeds in 8-12 ft of water.
Marc M. caught his throwing a trick worm in bluegrey with pepper flake.

Smitty
Smiley

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #64 - 02/21/06 at 20:20:26
Quote Print Post  
Anybody know if the ban has been lifted on Banks?  Or did the WDFW slip this one by again?

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #65 - 02/21/06 at 22:44:49
Quote Print Post  
It's still up on Banks lake and is also going into effect on the columbia river in the Wallulla area. So no chance on winning a tri-Cities tourney with any Largemouth. It's all about the smallies guys.

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #66 - 02/22/06 at 01:51:20
Quote Print Post  
#$$%^&*&^@@#^*!!#@!, Lips Sealed *#@& Lips Sealed Angry, Just a touch on how I feel about it.... Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #67 - 02/22/06 at 03:37:41
Quote Print Post  
I have not heard if Tri-Cities Walulla pool has a ban but that does not mean it is'nt there...Nick did you see that in the regs?

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #68 - 02/22/06 at 05:02:32
Quote Print Post  
Expect more bans as the WDFW now has a foothold on phasing out tournament fishing.... a goal they've had for a very long time.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #69 - 02/22/06 at 14:54:28
Quote Print Post  
I think you've hit the salmonoid on the head Glenn.  The "left coast califorkian" mentality that pervades the fish & game department finds it nearly impossible to see any fish that is not a native, as being beneficial to a fishery or the state in general.  Moreover they view those of us who pursue these species as being only 1 step above PWC operators in the food chain. 
All the hoopla that politicians like Lt. Governor Brad Owens and others raised several years ago in support of a warm-water fishery was just that.....political hoopla!  Like everyone else they only wanted our votes at the time.  Moreover, as powerful as the commercial fisheries lobby is, I predict that they will be the next to be stepped on like a bug.  All these and other reasons, give me cause not to remain in this state much longer. Sad
If you want to see where sport fishing is headed, look at the current hunting mess here in Washington. Angry

Smitty
Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #70 - 02/23/06 at 04:05:15
Quote Print Post  
Western Bass Club.  I mean Western Smallmouth Bass Club, I mean Western Largemouth Bass Club, I mean Western Trout Club, AH Heck!  How 'bout Western Fishy Club?  More fitting, don't you think? Grin

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #71 - 02/23/06 at 23:07:46
Quote Print Post  
Sounds like it could wind up being just  Western Club if they get their way.

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #72 - 02/24/06 at 00:45:02
Quote Print Post  
Hey, everyone who's complaining needs to understand why their doing this. I do believe what they say. Yes Largies have been known to find their way or able to adapt if put back in a bay or the right area after being weighted in. Largies like structure. I see tons of lazy fishermen these days just taking their largemouth and releasing them with the smallmouth in the middle of the lake. This puts them into shock. It's kind of like taking a 5 year old and putting them a mile away from home in the city. Their just not going to find their way home and their going to go into panic. This is the logic. Plus from romors this ban has helped Bank Lake largemouth flourish I hear their every where in the bays now. Maybe one or two more years and the lake will be full of largemouth and who know it might take twenty pounds a day to win a tournament. Instead of complaining lets fight it the right way. Right letters if you don't like it or start a pettition. I believe this is helping. Even if it's seems like the tournament angler is getting the snide or smurd with these rules. Politics is politics and theirs nothing we can do. Maybe try raising money for our own lunker plan. I've began to also notice two big differences between the south and the west. The west does less conservation projects through the clubs stating that their helping back their warmwater programs. If you help and make a friend of your enemy or the one your opposed to your more likely to get your way. I believe if we all stuck together and formed a big group and aligned more anglers and started running more events such as conservation projects and including kids in events maybe we could get more hold on our states politics. This means more out of each individual. I believe in the end this will benefit everyone and future generations. You also have to remeber their is a lot salmon anglers in our state. Which means we have to stick up for our species of preference that much more. I believe I made my point now let's hear some of your opinions on how to resolve the problem or problems with our states warm water fisheries. Also I believe we can run these by Jim Rumann and I believe he can take notes to the meetings he goes to and defend us as club. Don't quote me on that though.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #73 - 02/24/06 at 02:10:59
Quote Print Post  
Here's a difference between the south and at least the northwest..........they love their bass, the northwest love their salmon. Our conservation goes towards that. Even if others try and start projects, you have to have support from your state. I'm sure it takes special permits and things of that nature, and money. If state funds are going one direction and not towards Bass, then goodluck.

They value their bass in the south, so their money and state agencies with their smart fish scientist dudes work towards making bass fishing better. We use ours towards salmon.

Look at Texas' lunker program. Going into the actual genetic make-up of bass to blend the bigger ones and make bigger bass. We don't necessarily go that far with salmon, but their our plenty of salmon hatcheries. So thay do the same sorts of things up here, just with a different species of fish.

Maybe we can get Paul Allen or Bill Gates into bass fishing so they'll fund such programs. Maybe I'll knock on his back door one day while on Washington and see if I can get him into a 5 lb smallie. Or get my butt kicked by the security trying....

Anyhow this is how it appears to me unless someone can shed some light my way.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #74 - 02/24/06 at 02:25:32
Quote Print Post  
Nick,

Unfortunately you live in Washington State and getting the state involved in warm water is like pulling teeth.

Getting kids involved is important but from past experience it was only localized that it made any difference. I started the first Kids fishing club back in the early 90's, that was recognized by the BASS federation and although it was a great club, with lots of participation it did not get any support from the state what so ever.

All we can do is keep trying and support the CAST foundation and its causes. Maybe someday it will help.
Russ

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo