Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) NO LARGEMOUTH...OH NO!! (Read 20585 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: NO LARGEMOUTH...OH NO!!
Reply #30 - 01/15/05 at 02:25:30
Quote Print Post  
Wow, what a quick turnaround!  They still haven't replied to me, but that's ok.  Collectively, we did it.

But none of it could have been accomplished without Chris' help.  Thanks Chris!!!   Grin Grin Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 01/15/05 at 03:13:59
Quote Print Post  
That's Awesome about Tri-cities, Grin I hope that it won't take long before take the restrictions off banks as well. I would like to think that the letters we have wrote are making a diference, "in a good way."    
Brian (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 01/15/05 at 03:22:32
Quote Print Post  
Well, you're welcome, Glenn. I appreciate that, but I really feel like all I did was set up a little impetus for people to write letters. The club did great!

Chris

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 01/15/05 at 03:55:25
Quote Print Post  
A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step, Grasshopper.

Now where the heck did that come from?  Darned meds.

All seriousness aside,  Good Job Chris and the rest of the club.   Cause as I should know the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Rich

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 01/15/05 at 04:58:11
Quote Print Post  
I kind of think it's funny! I got the e-mail back from the conservation director from B.A.S.S. saying he wanted to get to the bottom of this. To find out if it will effect their invitational on the columbia and all the sudden it's gone. Plus Gary Morris told me talked them into dropping the Wallula pool restriction. I'm just wondering if they had anything to do with it.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 01/15/05 at 05:39:19
Quote Print Post  
I'm sure Gary had a lot to do with the decision... but it isn't bad to have the ground work laid out by a letter writing campaign. Never underestimate Rich's squeaky wheels!!!  Roll Eyes

Chris

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 01/16/05 at 22:13:55
Quote Print Post  
Great Job Guys on getting this changed for the tri-cities event. Now hopefully Banks will get changed as well. If not we will all just have to adjust. Grasshopper came from that Guy in Kung Fu Rich.
RB

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #37 - 02/25/05 at 05:21:33
Quote Print Post  
Any word on Banks?  Are we all restricted to smallmouth-only for the Jamboree?  Those crackheads in Olympia sure know how to screw things up!

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 02/25/05 at 07:39:40
Quote Print Post  
Yeah still smallmouth only and don't expect that to change any time soon either.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 02/25/05 at 18:09:03
Quote Print Post  
Everything I get from Bruce Baker is that we are gonna ride it out on Banks for the duration of this year and re-evaluate for next year.........Smallies are gonna get hammered. Tongue

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 02/25/05 at 22:04:21
Quote Print Post  
Then let us brush up on our smallie skills and bring on the hammer of defeat to those clubs that stand before us at this years Jamboree.  I will defently be one of those who will miss bringing in a hefty bag of largemouth and as upset as I am about this boneheaded rule, Lips Sealed  I am also looking at it as a challange to see if My kids and myself can still do as well as we have in the past. Undecided    Brian (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 02/25/05 at 22:15:35
Quote Print Post  
I say we hold a Largemouth fish fry.  It would certainly be legal.  We just
tell
people that the white fish fillets are largemouth (which we would have pictures of) and tell them that this is the state's answer to saving the largemouth pop. at Banks.  And if we had the financial big backing of a corporate tournament we could have the ban lifted like on the Columbia.  Of course the fillets wouldn't be bass but walleye or perch.  I'm not that crazy, yet.

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #42 - 02/26/05 at 02:40:29
Quote Print Post  
Hey Doug, Connie said that she'll bring the krusties and Johnny's seasoning Wink Brian (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #43 - 02/26/05 at 03:49:08
Quote Print Post  
I knew I liked her for some reason!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #44 - 02/26/05 at 03:53:29
Quote Print Post  
Doug, I like your thinkin' !  Grin

But I think we'll skip this one this year.  I have no desire to spend $$ and vacation time only to fish under these restrictions.  Some may see it as a challenge, I see it as an infringement of my rights - and I bought the license for those rights!  It's just an arrogant, idiotic rule that I have no intention of following. 

So it's best for the club that I not go.  I'm just relieved WBC isn't wasting a tournament permit there this year.

Beside, Bill Envall is playing in town that weekend.  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo