Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Sarge is finally finishing up with school! (Read 3206 times)
Sarge
Ex Member

Sarge is finally finishing up with school!
11/28/04 at 00:12:17
Quote Print Post  
Hey all,

If anyone is bored, taking vacation, or has nothing better to do this coming Tuesday, consider coming up to the University District to see my thesis defense. I have to give a final talk to the public about the project I have done for my thesis and all are invited to attend.

No, it has nothing to do with bass, my apologies. But it does have to do with the habitat preferences of juvenile Chinook salmon that rear in Lake Washington before going out to sea. Find out where those tasty bass morsels like to live in the winter and spring Grin

The talk will be at 10AM on Tuesday, November 30th. It will be in the school of aquatic and fishery science building, room 107. It should last 30-45 minutes. If you are interested in going, send me a private message or give me a call for directions (see club roster).

Oh yeah - if anyone wants to hire a fisheries biologist for next year, let me know!!!  Wink

Best fishes,
Chris

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Sarge is finally finishing up with school!
Reply #1 - 11/28/04 at 04:51:46
Quote Print Post  
Way to go big dude! it should be a doosey! I might be callin ya as I will need the distraction and am not workin!

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/28/04 at 05:51:43
Quote Print Post  
Good Luck Chris on your presenatation- I would attend if I didn't have to work.  I bet you can't wait till all this school stuff is over.  You will do a great job as usual....go get em!

Stay in touch....we'll have to hook up and go fishing to celebrate when you're done!

Bob

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/28/04 at 06:30:47
Quote Print Post  
Awesome Chris, but the real question is what abbreviations do you get to put behind your name now?

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/28/04 at 07:26:31
Quote Print Post  
Thanks, guys  Grin

Doug, I guess technically I could put an M.S. after my name when this quarter is over, but I think my first degree, a B.S., is more fitting!!!

Yes - fishing sounds good after I am done.

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/29/04 at 00:39:15
Quote Print Post  
Yes Chris the B.S. is the most appropriate, although M.S. (More of the Same) would not be too bad!   Grin

Congratulations, a lot of hard work is justly rewarded.

BillB

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/30/04 at 20:16:13
Quote Print Post  
Just got back from attending Chris's thesis defense and I must say that Chris did a wonderful job.  The presentation was interesting, informative and done with a nice sense of humor included.

There were about 40 people in attendance, (including family of course) and Chris was in his element and the next time you see Chris give him an "Atta Boy" , he has earned it.

BillB

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/01/04 at 02:18:15
Quote Print Post  
Congrats Sarge!! Does that mean a promotion to Smaj??

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/02/04 at 00:57:18
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for coming, Bill. I appreciate the nice words. I wish we had a little more time to talk, but I had to get to that meeting with my committee.

LOL, Faz. I am up for any kind of promotion, although I still like the ring of Sergeant Sergeant.

Chris

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #9 - 12/02/04 at 14:31:48
Quote Print Post  
Perhaps Master Sergeant Sergeant would be more fitting.

Roll Eyes Grin
MSgt Sergeant
Grin
Roll Eyes

Smitty

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/06/04 at 01:12:54
Quote Print Post  
MGSgt., I think Bass Master Sgt. Sergeant would be perfect for the lad in the Hurtlocker.

Bass Master Sgt. Sergeant, B.S.

C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 12/06/04 at 15:10:42
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
MGSgt., I think Bass Master Sgt. Sergeant would be perfect for the lad in the Hurtlocker.

Bass Master Sgt. Sergeant, B.S.

C&R, Steve

I LIKE IT!!!

Rich

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo