Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Storing the boat (Read 4513 times)
Rich
Ex Member

Re: Storing the boat
Reply #15 - 12/09/04 at 21:38:23
Quote Print Post  
I am glad that I can provide an outlet for you to vent your igrunce. Roll Eyes

As Larry says them older guys didn't care.  But since I can't store the boat at the apartments where I live then I would at least like to be sure that it was not rotting away in a storage yard.  And since there are so many backseats available for the few times that I will go out this winter it is better to store it for the winter.  And I am just looking for the best solutions.

Now Larry open mouth, insert 3 percs, swallow and listen to "I got one...I got a strike...it's a big one, Son"

Rich

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Re: Storing the boat
Reply #16 - 12/12/04 at 03:37:09
Quote Print Post  
Rich,
I've been doing the same thing for a while now with good results.
Trailering cover taught(a T post in the center between consoles), all compartments open, all stuff removed to shop, batteries filled completely and fully charged, gas treated, motor down, GPS and depth finders removed to shop also, 1 tupperware container with moth balls between the consoles on the floor and 1 at the opening created by the cover going "over" the motor controls. 2 mouse traps on the transom in front of the opening on either side of the motor facing out. I run an extension cord to a fan and run it 24/7 on low. The mouse traps are for cats etc that will get in there but you must leave an opening for air exchange or you're just creating a perfect environment for mold to grow. Condensation will occur and there must be air movement. There are some battery operated fans here and there that would be good. You'd just have to check em and change the batteries a couple times. Shrinkwrap would be good if it was completely dry and stored in a constant temperature(warm) area.
I've had "0" problems over the years with this program. Good luck and hope to see ya in the spring.
Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo