Normal Topic Tiger Woods sues WA yacht builder (Read 1456 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Tiger Woods sues WA yacht builder
11/05/04 at 03:21:45
Quote Print Post  
Perhaps you might find this interesting... maybe not... but what the heck.

VANCOUVER – Golfing great Tiger Woods is suing a Washington state yacht manufacturer with a boat dealership in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., for violating clauses of a purchase contract he signed to have the company build him a 155-foot, $20 million yacht, a story on www.oregonlive.com reported this morning.

Woods is suing Christensen Shipyards of Vancouver in a suit filed Oct. 29 in the U.S. District Court in south Florida, accusing the company of using his name and photos in an attempt to sell more boats during the recent Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, according to the Web site.

The suit alleges the company violated clauses in the purchase contract for the yacht “Privacy” by distributing photographs to "numerous publications."

The Web site reported that Woods, a resident of Windemere, Fla., said he paid $20 million for the boat in February. No specific claim for damages is spelled out, but the suit states that "based upon Woods' established value as an endorser and promoter of products, the compensatory damages reasonably could exceed $50 million."

A permanent injunction banning any use of Woods' name or image was also requested, according to the site.

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Re: Tiger Woods sues WA yacht builder
Reply #1 - 11/05/04 at 04:08:30
Quote Print Post  
Wow 20 million.  He could buy 500 fully rigged bass boats with that.   Shocked

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/05/04 at 06:22:21
Quote Print Post  
I would let them use all the pictures of me they want for a pack of Senkos! Tongue

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #3 - 11/05/04 at 14:40:52
Quote Print Post  
I know how ya feel Larry.  At one time I sold my soul for VMC Hooks!  Shocked Shocked

Smitty
Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/08/04 at 17:17:38
Quote Print Post  
I can't believe it when I hear crap like this. Like Woods doesn't already live a dream life that he has to stir crap up for others. What damages did he incure?? His name and pictures and video clips are all over the news everyday. He doesn't sue ESPN for covering him or ABC,NBC FOX. I don't see why the boat company can't tell other customers the truth......That they built a boat for Tiger Woods.    

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo