Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Truck advice? (Read 4394 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Truck advice?
Reply #15 - 11/17/04 at 06:27:36
Quote Print Post  
I would go the gas....with an automatic....and since you are getting a dodge or chevy.....get your own tow strap as my Ford will be busy this year!

I had to.......

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 11/17/04 at 06:53:40
Quote Print Post  
I would say for your use, I think you would be happier with the gas and an automatic. Just make sure you get the tow package this should include an additional oil cooler, a bigger radiator and should also include an additional Trans cooler. It also helps to have 4x4 
The Alison Transmissions are pretty bullet proof provided (a) regular maintenance has been done (b) it's never been over filled and (c) the proper fluid has been used. (D) It has never been abused. But that goes with any transmission. 

Also, the best place to find out about transmission quality is a reputable transmission shop. They see everything

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 11/17/04 at 20:04:22
Quote Print Post  
Dodges have a percieved reputation to have a tranny prone to failure.  However I've never witnessed ne fail.  All the chevvys I have owned (4) , have had great trannies until about 150,000 miles when the either failed (2) or were ready to fail. 
The cab was comfortable and the ride was good.  Parts for repair are easily found.

Smitty Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo