Normal Topic Lake Sawyer..... (Read 1538 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Lake Sawyer.....
10/15/04 at 06:19:51
Quote Print Post  
Hey folks....supporting the Lake Sawyer boat patrol and lake enhancement project by paying my 5 bucks and it was a good day! Started at noon and fished till 6pm with a split day! More Bass than Trout! All on a dropshot Robo Worm!
Got three Smallies for about 6 lbs biggest at 3 lbs and "Walkered" the Trout! Two fish for about 5.5 lbs! nice looking fish too....Rainbows, but caught feeding in the same area as the smallies and there were no Perch to be had! 18 ft. of water on rocks and a dropoff.

p.s. no trout were injured in the writing or formation of this report because I have a conscience.......I made a deal with a trout fisherman several years ago on Sawyer that if he released his Bass while trouting that I would release my Trout while Bassing.....

STUPID CONSCIENCE!

IP Logged

DougV
Ex Member

Re: Lake Sawyer.....
Reply #1 - 10/15/04 at 21:26:31
Quote Print Post  
Larry, are there any bass left under docks or shallow at this point ?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/15/04 at 22:14:45
Quote Print Post  
Nope....I fished docks and shallow spinnerbaits/cranks for three hours before resigning to the deep. fall is here!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/25/04 at 03:54:19
Quote Print Post  
Fished Sawyer again and this time was not alone..Chris..ie: Powerworm was out there too and no fish to report but there were a few bites just not enough time in the day!

IP Logged

jwalzer
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/25/04 at 20:55:07
Quote Print Post  
I was out there Saturday from about 9 until 3.  It was pretty slow all day long (not to mention the weather was lousy).  A couple bites here and there, and only one large mouth about 1.5 pounds to show.  I was fishing in deep water most of the day, but just happen to throw a cast up by the shore and caught that large mouth.

On a different note, we did catch two fairly large trout (completely on accident).  Both of them went about 20 inches.  We of course let them both go.   Smiley

Hopefully, next weekend will be better.

-john

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo