Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Team Tourney? (Read 18988 times)
RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Team Tourney?
Reply #30 - 10/04/04 at 23:55:31
Quote Print Post  
It looks from the standings the Genmar team didn't even show up. Way to go Pro Craft for a strong showing-Larry S.
RB

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 10/05/04 at 02:09:17
Quote Print Post  
......too sick to fish?.............

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #32 - 10/05/04 at 16:38:00
Quote Print Post  
Russ,

I think that's a strong & ridiculous accusation that Lyle used an underwater camera to win this tournament--especially since the underwater camera has been in our garage since August!

Start getting your facts right before you send off such a post---huh--somehow I thought you were smarter than that.  Your statements have sure lost any integrity they used to have--talk about sportsmanship & ethics!

Andrea            

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 10/05/04 at 16:38:28
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

I felt much better late friday afternoon so I lined up a couple of guys and fun fished for half the day. We ended up catching about 12lbs all largies under docks in Kirkland and around webster skipping senko's.
Good Pro Craft showing larry.
How did you catch your fish???
Russ

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 10/05/04 at 16:58:33
Quote Print Post  
Wow Andrea,

A camera whether used this year, last year or the past I don't believe should be used in a tournament. In practice is okay with me, however I believe you will find a majority of our club members will agree with me on this issue.

I as well as others believe that the best fisherman out there is the one who uses his instincts rather than a camera to win tournaments. I'm all for a fair tournament and most of us agree with that. I also look at the camera as an item we can't all afford and yes it can make it an unfair advantage if such an organization allows it.

You are forgetting something though, I did bet that the Logstons would win because I believe that Lyle is one of the best fisherman in the club without a camera.
Russ

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 10/05/04 at 17:06:59
Quote Print Post  
Andrea,

I think all of us in the club know that Lyle is a great angler, and that he did well long before Aqua-Vu's became a popular item.

Russ put his foot in his mouth by saying in one post that Lyle and Brian won because they had a camera and then in the next post saying they were great without it... I don't take those comments very seriously.

Chris

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #36 - 10/05/04 at 18:28:46
Quote Print Post  
Well said, Sarg.  I think Russ owes Lyle and Brian an apology. Not to mention knocking people down who came in last place!  Quite possibly the worst display of sportsmanship this club has ever seen!  An apology is in order.  Obviously, Russ, you don't know where "ribbing" ends, and "malice" begins.  Your remarks were not taken lightly, or in jest.

Russ - don't you dare even imply "others" agree with you on your comments.  I, for one, don't agree with you on any of the opinions you stated.

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #37 - 10/05/04 at 19:02:50
Quote Print Post  
Russ,

In your original post, you weren't refering to other tournaments, you stated that "I bet on the Logston team to win it.  You know mostly because of the use of a camera . . ."  Like I said before, get your facts straight before posting.  Don't try to cover over your irresponsible post by bringing up club tourney rules on underwater cameras--that should be a totally separate issue brought up at the club meeting. 

I agree with Glenn that you do owe Lyle & Brian an apology, as well as those other's that you've also offended.

Andrea

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 10/05/04 at 19:22:06
Quote Print Post  
Glen,

Ribbing is ribbing at that only. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes I have always had a lot of respect for all those who have fished well. As I said before I just don't believe the camera thing is right, just an opinion and others in this club have stated that as well. Maybe you should ask around, you might form the same opinion as I have after hearing the same things as I.

I don't think anything less of the Logston Team just because they use a camera. I have allways thought that Lyle is a great fisherman with or without the camera. You know you still have to catch what you see. He has been very consistent in the past as well as Brian. They are both great fisherman- period. Grin Grin

As far as an apology you guys and gals have blown this way out of proportion. We all have the right to rib if you have noticed lately on this forum. I think its kind of fun and it looks as though others feel that way to otherwise you wouldn't have seen it on the forum.

The forum has allowed all of us to say our opinions and that is a good thing. What your taking from my first post is not a bad thing just an Opinion Only. I haven't attacked anyone. Why you are attacking me is not understood and not appreciated. Shocked Shocked

I feel we have all learned from the camera and how it can help us become better fisherman. Some of us have become Pro's at it and have learned to utilize it well.
Some of us feel that if we have a disadvantage that we don't have a camera and it is not fair. Is that wrong that we feel this way? No? Just a natural reaction.

Malice???-Glen and Sarge you guys are taking this all wrong. I'm not knocking anyone. Will you guys just chill.

Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 10/05/04 at 19:49:16
Quote Print Post  
I always felt if people want to use a camera during a tournament then go for it. Everyone that has ever used one knows that you waste tons of time and can't fish very good while using it. Not to mention the fact that you probably just spooked those fish for at least an hour. Russ maybe you were kidding, but the words seemed pretty brutal on a screen. Sometimes it's hard to pick up "jokingly" said things when your only reading them. There's no emotion involved. Just be careful what you say. I too joke around a lot, but just remember to be careful. I think most of us use a camera to confirm our instincts of where we feel fish are.

IP Logged

Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 10/05/04 at 22:30:18
Quote Print Post  
I have an Aqua-view for sale if anyone is interested.  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed oooch.

Daryl

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #41 - 10/05/04 at 22:43:28
Quote Print Post  
Now that we have a real argument going, Cry does anyone question why I think it would be inadvisable to have a qualifier to fish for a Federation spot on the state team?  This was just our end-of-the-year "Good Times" final tournament.  Talk a little smack, have a little fun, catch a few fish (maybe) and then celebrate afterwards.  The winnerws are to be congratulated; those who didn't finish as well should not be subject to ridicule.  Look at what we are having occur! ???
Here we have a person who didn't even fish the thing, injecting a comment which (intended or not) has upset several of us.  In all candor, I can see where an apology should be rendered, but I don't expect to see it, and I doubt that it would be sincre if offered.  
The use of the camera has been debated in many circles including ours.  I recall a recent BASS tournament that was won on the Columbia because a competator used his camera in practice as well as during the "T" to verify position of his fish in regard to a underwater hump.   Afterwards there was a lot of grumbling and general moaning from a select vocal few.  However the win stood, and other competators learned a valuble lesson. Shocked

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Reply #42 - 10/05/04 at 22:44:46
Quote Print Post  
How much Daryl? I need one for Lake Washington. Because there is no fish in Wash. for me. Not team Genmar but the real  Team Champion. I beleave all of the Champion owners in the club are the Champs without warranties. If you look at the Champs at the Team Tourney we stick to geather through thick and thin.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #43 - 10/05/04 at 22:56:48
Quote Print Post  
Good point Smitty. I was thinking of that too (the B.A.S.S. "T" on the Columbia) . The 50k or whatever it was still went in his bank account. Plus a boat and truck I think..??....

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #44 - 10/05/04 at 23:20:20
Quote Print Post  
To All,

I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding that I caused. I was under the assumed impression of the camera use from tournaments past that it was used.

I never meant any harm, was just ribbing the guys and that's all it was. I personally would not ever use a camera in a tournament of any kind, but thats just me.

Getting ridiculed about the boat brand you run is not fun either. I have heard it all as well and do not take anything personally from any of these threads.

This is a sincerest apology to all and I thank you for making me aware that I have stated some things that were construed as an attack. But I can tell you this it was not intended to be that way at all.

Russ

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo