Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Team Tourney? (Read 18994 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Team Tourney?
Reply #15 - 09/30/04 at 20:38:46
Quote Print Post  
"He took off his glove and in a show of spite, slapped his opponents and let out a boastful cry......

"LAY YE DOWN YOUR RODS IN DISBELIEF, AS YET AGAIN THE BILL AND ME... SHALL TOP YOU ALL WITH 33!"

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 09/30/04 at 21:35:02
Quote Print Post  
Throw them Senko's...ALL DAY LONG!!!!

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #17 - 09/30/04 at 21:46:26
Quote Print Post  
Team BBBBBB (big boys in a big black bass boat) Grin will show up to humble all who dare question the skills and abilities of  displaced rednecks such as ourselves. Roll Eyes
The likes of Skitters, Pro Craps, Toons, and Nitrites shall fall down and pay homage to the Genmar twins! Shocked
Smitty
Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #18 - 10/01/04 at 03:11:03
Quote Print Post  
Good luck at the Tournament everyone.  You guys are launching at the Mercer Island boat launch under the freeway?  What time is the weigh-in, I'd definetly like to check it out. 

Chris

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 10/01/04 at 05:26:33
Quote Print Post  
Weigh-ins should be 3pm both days...........since it is a local tourney.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 10/01/04 at 13:38:05
Quote Print Post  
Hey Guys and Gals,
  Chris, if you don't stop talking SMACK, we're going to have to go to our "GOOD HOLES" to win this thing.  Please, keep the "SMACK" to a minimum as I want to save the best holes for a year when we have some competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!  See you all on the pond Grin

EX PREZ

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 10/01/04 at 13:56:59
Quote Print Post  
Gee I thought this was a fishing club site NOT WWE  Saturday Night SMACKDOWN Shocked ???  As for the tourney, went out to Sammamish yesterday and found that my Washington patterns were working there also.  You boys are in a heap of trouble......  I mean with all them skirts you will be wearing and tripping over.  I figure most of you will be spending as much time in the lake as fishing.

Mark

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 10/01/04 at 20:13:25
Quote Print Post  
Well Mark, I'm glad the pattern works on  Sammamish I'm gonna be fishing Washington this weekend - Doug and I might yet get to our "borrowed" honey-hole...on loan from Russ. But there should be plenty of fish for all, once we've pruned out the Hogs!

I'm not making any predictions, but Doug and I expect to have the Panacea for all your woes..... it must hurt getting whupped by Tin!!

Seeya on the water everyone....I just love the smacktalk, it makes it all the more fun!

Faz

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 10/03/04 at 03:45:53
Quote Print Post  
Hey Western,....just a little update as of day one.......
1)Larry Sullivan / Bill Brynteson.....15.2
2)Rob Maglio / Dave Jarrell.......14.5
3)Lyle Logston / Brian Walker...12.8...Big fish tie-5.7
4)Ron Hankinson / Chris Sergeant...12.7  D.F.
5)Rich Loth / Stuart Karpenko...11.6 ...Big fish tie 5.7
6)Doug Booth / Rich Fazackerly...9.9
7)Jim Rumann / Mike Wolsky...7.3
8)Daryl Snodgrass / Mark Maderos...7.2
9)Pat Sutherlund...Solo.....5.4
10)Bob Payseno / Nick Culver....5.0
11)Mark Wells / Ted Watts...4.12
12)John Holland / Jim Smith...3.9
13)Glenn and Keri May....2.7.
Final day weigh-in at 3PM at East Mercer launch.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 10/04/04 at 03:38:30
Quote Print Post  
Hey, we are back and WHEW! what a dogfight it was!
Here are the final stats........
13th..Team May..ie..Glenn and Keri...2.7lbs for 2..sm
12th..Holland and Smith......6.8 lbs for 3 sm
11th..Payseno and Culver..10.9 lbs for 6 sm 1 lm
10th..Booth and Faz...11.2 lbs for 3 sm 2 lm
9th....Wells and Watts..11.13 lbs for 6 lm 1 sm
8th....Loth and Karpenko..12.10 lbs for 5 sm +B.F. 5.7
7th....Sutherlund...13.4 lbs for 4 sm 1 lm +  B.F. 4.7
6th....Maglio and Jarrell...17.1 lbs for 7sm 1 lm
5th....Snodgrass-Maderos..19.10 lbs for 8sm 1 lm
4th....Hankinson-Sergeant..19.13lbs for 9 sm
3rd....Wolsky and Rumann...21.0 lbs for 5 sm 5 lm
2nd...Sullivan-Brynteson...24.4 lbs for 9 sm
1st....Logston and Walker..28.2 lbs for 11 sm..B.F 5.7

Congrats to Lyle and Brian for a well earned win and to the whole club for a great season of unheard-of catches and AWESOME Mortality totals and lets get ready to choose next years locations for our tournaments.

p.s..........the shirts will rise again! Wink

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 10/04/04 at 05:42:44
Quote Print Post  
Awesome job guys.

It just blows me away that people don't think there are bass in lake washington.

Keep on believing that folks and our numbers will remain like this.

Oh and a good guess to Mark M. for having the closest guess at 27lbs.

Jim

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 10/04/04 at 06:01:11
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for a fun tournament, everyone! Ron and I had a great time despite the fish not cooperating so well today. The smack talk was enjoyable, as always  Grin

Ron and I were talking about it this weekend, and it blows us away to see how well the club has been fishing these past few years. I'm sure some of the vets have noticed it, too. The competition is fierce! Think back to only 3-4 years ago, and I remember getting 3rd place with Ron H. in a 1-day team tourney with 7 pounds! Try doing that again and see where you finish...

I like to think that the competition is getting better because of the knowledge we all pass along to each other after each tournament. I can't think of many top finishing teams that weren't specific about where/how they caught fish. I don't really know where I am going with this post, but I just wanted to say it is so fun to see our weights get higher and higher every year!

Chris

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 10/04/04 at 15:20:55
Quote Print Post  
WOW,

Great job to all of the anglers on Lk. Wa.  SImply awesome.  In reading the weights, Lyle and Brian had a 17lb sack on Sunday?  That is amazing.  In respose to Chris, I too have given this much thought.  I think it has to do with the evolution of interest in bass fishing in general, or maybe all these anglers were simply looking for a place like western to have a good time.  I like to think it is the latter.  In my ten plus years, the board and membership has always encouraged us to recruit new members through the various apperances that we do.  And if most members are like me, I am always touting the WBC ways to most anyone that will listen.  Aside from that, this new breed of angler is determined to learn new methods, use reliable equipment, are not afraid to fish new water, and above all else do not get all "freaky" in the head during club events.  Put it all together and repeating as AOY is going to be difficult for just about anyone in the coming years.  What fun Grin Grin

Kirk

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 10/04/04 at 15:55:50
Quote Print Post  
I would also like to add that I had a blast in my first team tourney. The competition was great. It's tough enough to beat 1 good angler, but to beat 2 of them in the same boat.......man, it racks your nerves. Seems like you can't just put together a good day, you have to put together 2 good days to win these tournaments. This really shows the consistant and versatile angler(s). I liked seeing teams make adjustments to bring in good sacks on day 2. That was awesome. I am really looking forward to next year's tournament season already.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 10/04/04 at 23:54:01
Quote Print Post  
Hurray I guessed right for a change. I bet on the Logston team to win it. You know mostly because of the use of a camera which I strongly believe shouldn't be used in a tournament. I still wonder to this day why the club voted for it. It takes the sportsmanship as well as the ethics out of it all.
Russ

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo