Normal Topic mercury motor help (Read 1930 times)
keystone
Ex Member

mercury motor help
09/28/04 at 07:42:19
Quote Print Post  
  I have a Mercury Black Max 150hp with a Quicksilver throttle.  A couple of weeks ago I was out on the lake and the throttle began to beeb.  It only beebs when the boat is in motion, but not idleing.  I think it was a low oil alarm so I checked the oil tank and it was low, so I added more oil and took it out the next week, but it still beebs.  Any help would be great,  I'm going through bass withdrawls.  The motor runs great, but I want to figure out why it is beebing so I don't mess anything up. Thanks for any help, so maybe I can put my check book back in my pocket. Smiley

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: mercury motor help
Reply #1 - 09/28/04 at 14:47:35
Quote Print Post  
Does it happen immediately when you put it in gear?  The first time after you launch, or after running it for awhile?  Is there water "peeing" out the back?  How strong is the stream?  Is it a constant "beep, beep, beep" or one long continuous "Beeeeeeeeep"?

IP Logged

keystone
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/28/04 at 18:49:37
Quote Print Post  
     It does about 5 slow beebs and then beebs fast about 10 times and then beebs slow again.  The first time it started to beeb I was already on the lake for 12hrs and it beebed all the way to the ramp.  I added more oil and took it out the next week and it began to beeb about half way across Goodwin.  I don't know if it is peeing out the back, I didn't think to look.

IP Logged

keystone
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/28/04 at 18:54:13
Quote Print Post  
  after it starts beebing it will beeb when I put it in gear after about 5 seconds

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/28/04 at 20:38:57
Quote Print Post  
The owner's manual should tell you what kind of warning beep you are hearing... If you don't have the manual, call a Mercury repair shop and I'm sure they could tell you over the phone.

Chris

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/28/04 at 21:31:26
Quote Print Post  
Phil's Performax in Puyallup was great when I took my 150 hp Blackmax there. The guy has tons of experience. I would drop him a line and tell him your problem.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/29/04 at 02:25:39
Quote Print Post  
First things first...call Mercury and give them the part number and see if it is one of the recalled throttles from several years ago....... It was a factory recall and all inclusive. I had to take mine to Auburn and it was all free! Just a thought.....

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo