Normal Topic Launch Info (Read 2135 times)
Hawkeye
Ex Member

Launch Info
09/23/04 at 17:55:00
Quote Print Post  
Help!!
I would like to fish Lake Union tomorrow. I have never been on the lake and was wondering where the best boat ramp is and the cost. I will be coming from Tacoma area & would like directions. Can anyone help?? Also, any info on what area to fish for smallies & largies on Lake Union would be helpful.

Thanks;

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Re: Launch Info
Reply #1 - 09/23/04 at 18:36:47
Quote Print Post  
Don, I don't know of any launchs on lake Union, I always have to troll over there.  I hate to give you my hot spot but if you fish around gasworks park you'll find both small and largemouth.

IP Logged

Hawkeye
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/23/04 at 19:11:30
Quote Print Post  
Doug,
Thanks for the info. Is there any launch closer to Lake Union other than Mercer Island?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/23/04 at 20:47:35
Quote Print Post  
Magnussan park is on that side but up-lake about 3 miles......I believe there is a launch under the ship canal bridge but unsure......good luck!

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/23/04 at 21:40:34
Quote Print Post  
http://www.ci.seattle.wa.us/parks/Boats/Sunny.htm

The link above will take you to the only public boat launch I know on Lake Union, Hawkeye. It is a nice launch, north end of Lake Union, and FREE, but parking can be almost unavailable unless you get there really early. You can park across from it in the gravel.

The link provides driving directions. If you happen to know where Ivar's is on north Lake Union it is right past there and also just beyond Dunn Lumber.

Good luck,
Chris

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/24/04 at 05:41:36
Quote Print Post  
Chris
That link you provided says launch fee of $5 launch fee, $80 annual fee

Unless I read that wrong.

Look under  "View Boat Ramp Fees & Charges"

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/24/04 at 06:42:14
Quote Print Post  
It's a free launch. We use it quite often for launching boats at school. It also says under the main launch description that it is free.

I didn't read the link to fees in detail, so I don't know which ones they are referring to...

Chris

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo